GH: Classic Thread

• Members

it's interesting to watch that 77 stuff in light of what was coming up.

Gloria Monty said that a lot of the scenes involved two people talking and sitting down so she tried to introduce more movement.Looking at those eps she was right.

Also,in light of the ratings shooting up the following year,it's worth noting that Doug Marland/Gloria Monty didn't make huge cast changes ,rather just juiced up the stories of existing characters,added/deleted a few characters(at first) , recasted a few roles and improved the production.

Really until the Luke and Laura /Ice Princess GH was still a very much traditional soap with some new elements.It's a pity Monty was allowed to run wild because in the long run soaps were the worse for it.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think her vision was fine, for this show. It gave it s strong identity. It was when everyone else tried to do it on their shows that we had problems.

But I do agree those first few years of her run were the best. I would argue that it's pretty solid until just after Luke&Laura get married. The first year after Genie left is pretty awful in nearly every story except maybe Alan/Monica, and I think it truly took until the introduction of Anna and Robin to right the ship. But I think Pat Falken Smith had returned. When Monty has good, strong writing the show was fantastic.

• Members

Gerald Gordon Nick Bellini Dr. Mark Dante...Yay!

Nice to see Bobbie Jordan's Terri in action.

Rick puts Monica in her placewink.png !

I was right about the lawyer...Alan Haufrect (per the credits) was Brian on Alice(can't believe I remembered him!) and was Dr. Bryan Chadway on Dynasty, among other roles per imdb....

• Members

I don't remember how long into Monty's reign he played Rick, but he certainly had a great warmth and charisma, and there was good chemistry between him and Denise Alexander. When Chris Robinson took over the role, I found that Rick became more aloof, more reserved, and less charismatic.

• Members

I think I remember reading that he wanted to leave, to expand his security business, but I'm not sure.

I felt like Robinson had more chemistry with Leslie Charleson than he did with Denise.

I haven't watched those clips in a few years but my main memory is sad Terri Webber and her bad singing.

I can see why Monty was so horrified by the lighting.