GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Here's a question for Carl and Paul Raven, as well as anyone with knowledge of where to find old articles. A friend of my was telling me he's been trying to find a November 1963 issue of TV/Radio Mirror[or Radio/TV Mirror...whichever it went by that year]. Apparently it has a Who's Who on General Hospital article, and he's been searching E Bay for years. Does anyone know if it is available online anywhere? I went to Internet Archive on Open Library. com, but they only go to June of 63. Can anyone suggest other places to look?

Thanks in advance, it would be great to be able to pass the info along...

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^just ignore that^^^^^

So Spence Andrews (Daniel J Travanti) had sos, Matt and Ryan...did they ever appear on the show?

This must be not too long after Dr Gina Dante(OBGYN) left, as Monica is waiting for a call from Dr. Dana Hotchkiss.

Mir. Kirkorian's wife Pat died(under Rick Webber's care)..Don't recall if they ever showed her..This was one of those things they repeated...Rick was sued in 76or77 for malpractice(I think it was Rick) by a Mr.Stuart Kennicott after his wife died, and in 83, Vincent Larick held Bobbie and(?Monica ) hostage when his wife died.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

Famous Guest stars...Tanya Welk Falan Roberts(daughter of Lawrence Welk) appeared in 1971 as a tavern owner.

Blonde bomb Mamie Van Doren apeared in 75 or 76...Does anyone know if she played a character or herself. Every time I've seen her associated with the show, she doesn't have a character name, It would just say Mamie Van Doren Guest Star. Just wondering.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

Mamie Van Doren appeared as herself in early 76. I think the story was Lesley's millionaire husband Cameron through his connections introduced Mamie to Laura as a way of showing Lresley he was happy to have Laura in their lives (not true).

i'm sure at that time a young teen would have been thrilled to meet a fading b movie star from the 50's that she probably never heard of! I wonder how that stunt casting came about?

• Members

Here's another one of Stacey Baldwin as Laura. This time with Judy Lewis as adopted Mom Barbara Vining.

LauraYoung_zps133af423.jpg

And might as well throw in some young Scotty Baldwin.

ScottyYoung_zpsaceba1de.jpgScotty3_zpsc1931ef1.jpg

And 3 faces of Tommy (Baldwin) Hardy:

TommyGirl_zps09f778ad.jpgTommy2_zpsfc61d814.jpg

TommyJeremy_zps96575f94.jpg

Tommy (Bradley Green on the left) here in his bromance with Jeremey (Philip Tanzini).

Sorry about margins.

• Members

Good work from Jackie Zeman.

I have no idea who those screaming teens are. At first I thought Melissa was the girl Bobbie took in for a while, but I think that was after Jake had left town.

I don't know who the doctor with Amy is either.

How many times was poor Ruby mugged anyway?

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Was Tania's death after this? It's weird, he seemed to be written as the responsible one here.

I'd forgotten Patrick was still around by this point.

I get the feeling the show didn't really manage to bring in any popular teens after Blackie until Jagger/Brenda/etc.