• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The history of where people live in Port Charles (or any soap town) has always interested me.  Especially when new producers come in and characters just show up living in a new house.  I was reading Today in Soaps over on WeLoveSoaps.com and this tidbit came up which totally confused me.

1991: On General Hospital, Robert told Anna Devane (Finola Hughes) that he got the penthouse next door to Sean Donely's for them to live in.

I recall Robert living in that gorgeous house with Holly and the cantilevered staircase when Anna arrived in the late 80s.  The Scorpio's bought it to convince immigration authorities that they were not in a "green card" marriage in order to avoid the scandal that Holly was pregnant with Luke's baby.  Then, by 1990, Anna and Robin lived in a cottage when she was the Co-Captain of Police and they were visited by Casey the alien.   

I think that the progression was that Luke got ready in the penthouse the day he married Laura,  which was the first time that I noticed the set existed, (but, I thought they moved to the Haunted Star after their wedding)?  Then, Sean Donnelly moved in and installed the secret computer room by the front door (a dumb place for a secret room), and then Sonny bought it.  Sonny sold it when he started to have too many children (and baby's mothers) to fit. 

My next recollection was the penthouse next door to Sean's was where Anna tied Robert to the pillar before that got remarried.  Robert and Anna moved in next door and eventually, Jason took over their penthouse.   However, I was recently watching a clip where Robert and Anna lived in the Weber House which was garishly redecorated and I was confused by the timeline of when they moved there?

Also, I think it's a shame that it was referred to as the Webber House when Leslie bought it (with Cameron?) and lived it in originally.  She should have dumped Rick's last name as soon as he humiliated her with Monica.  But I guess that was the legacy of those unchivalrous Webber brothers.  And it may have become too confusing for future writers to have Laura Vining be the daughter of Lesley Williams, so everyone became a Weber to simplify things. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I thought Mac got the Webber house in his marriage to Felicia because she lived there with baby Georgie and Maxie (who got BJ's heart and her house), her fiance Colton Shore, and his mother Charlene, who moved there with her niece Lucy Coe, who got the house in her divorce settlement, (negotiated by Scotty) from Dr. Tony Jones, who bought the house to raise BJ (RIP) with Tania (RIP) from his colleague Dr. Rick Webber, who inherited it when he was widowed by Leslie?

I'm guessing there are multiple levels that we never see where they all slept, and I think we haven't seen the kitchen since Aunt Charlene cooked there.

But, my question is when and why did Robert and Anna live there?

Also, did you ever notice that between Sean's penthouse, the Quartermaine Mansion, and the Webber house, GH sets often did not include a kitchen?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Felicia lived at the brownstone.

I do not recall her leaving there until she was with Mac again around the Luke affair.

Robin and Mac lived there during all her teen storylines.  Laura visited the house with Lucky when they came back to the show and she even had scenes in the infamous attic where she was kind of upset by something that wasn’t explored until they Guza/Pratt and Genie’s exit.

When Rick & Ginny left town in 1986. Tony & Tonia rent the home from them. I don't remember Tony buying the home. But he must off at some point. After Tonia's death. Tony lived there with his new bride Lucy. Lucy's Aunt and her cousins also lived there. I'm going by memory and i'm getting confused. I wasn't watching a lot of GH in 91. So i don't know why Anna & Robert decide to move into the Webber House. By this point Tony was married to Bobbie and living at the Brownstone. Charlene, Colton and Decker where all gone. I found this which will answer your question.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

@victoria foxtonThank you, it is rare to get such an exact answer to a question.  I appreciate the effort.  It is fascinating to hear that Tony still owned the Weber house while Lucy and her brood lived there.

Does neither the Port Charles PD nor WSB pay enough for Anna & Robert to buy a place (and is that why Bert Ramsey turned to crime)?  Or do they rent so that they can get out of town at a moment's notice?  

BTW that scene also told me why Robert and Anna were never meant to be.  He is penthouses and cantilevered stairs and she is shabby chic.  Although Anna's sudden desire to burn dinners is as perplexing as the purple Egyptian decor that she used to for the Weber house (maybe that was Robert's stuff that she had to work into the design?). 

I appreciated how dressed up they both were, including hairdos and jewelry, when meeting for lunch at Ruby's (where the chopped salad seems ill-advised).   

Also did Amy Vining get bupkiss?  I know she wasn't Lesley's biological daughter, but she lived in the house for years.  Robyn's no-name friend gets more airtime than Amy.

Edited by j swift

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...