DAYS: Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn interview

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's funny to see them bash sci-fi considering that's been the main draw of Days for like 20 years now...and was the cornerstone of Deidre and Drake's most well-known stories and why John and Marlena were so huge. The fact that the writers couldn't find another capacity in which to write them is partly why they were written out.

Hope things are better this time!

• Members

Yeah, it's funny that Deidre says that, considering what a "genious" she'd call Reilly, even during his terrible second tenure. Even so, I think she knows that the glory years for Marlena were during her first run in 1976-1987; it's really what defined Marlena. The crazy stuff in the 90's is what kept the show relevant during a time when soaps were becoming irrelevant.

• Members

From the sounds of it it's outdoor, Drake says it spans the length of the NBC lot...so it's huge...Perhaps Corday clued into the UK soap model and is really going to go for a lot of outdoor, in the street, shopping and eating style scenes. It'd be a brilliant move on his part.

• Administrator

I don't know, Deidre, DAYS isn't really known for "real life drama." For the past 30 years, there's always been the element of big crazy storylines. I don't really want to watch "real life drama" on DAYS. LOL

• Members

And what's wrong with who's the daddy drama? Um, Maury does it everyday, that IS real life.

This plot device should be used sparingly, of course.

And this woman hasn't played a so-called "real life" plot in 30 years, what is she on about? lol

• Members

I agree. They're speaking almost verbatim during all of their interviews.

I really do hope that the show is done for good with the sci-fi/supernatural crap that utterly destroyed the quality and reputation of the show during the Possession era. I know the ratings were stellar during that time, but Days has yet to fully regain its credibility back.

That being said, I wouldn't object to a "who's the daddy?" storyline, or a variation on it, as long as it didn't become too far fetched and ridiculous. The saga of Mike Horton's father in the 70's is proof that, if done right, a story like that can be captivating for years.

Archived