Days: Actress confirms her return

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Stefano, obsessed with the Queen of the Night for DECADES, hasn't mentioned that heffa once. I can't wait till we're closer to her return, I'm sure he'll be talking about MARLENA MARLENA MARLENA non-stop.

• Members

This is why I am so looking forward to AMC and OLTL online because hopefully they are something new and fresh with new showrunners and writers. I am tired of this "trying to recreate the past" stuff. We saw all that back then. That said I do believe there is a place for Marlena on canvas. I just have no interest in round 402930 of Stefano obsessed with Marlena

• Members

That's been my sole beef with this whole reboot: WHY do we, 14 years on, want to go back to 1997? I think I'd lose my mind if I had to endure the grueling torment of that terrible dialogue, the endless tedium of weeks of nothing really happening, of stupid coincidences, of John Black being the world's dumbest man (if my wife spent as much time in the wine cellar as Kristen did, I'd stage a bloody intervention).

The truth is, that as amazing as the big payoffs to JER's stories, I just could not handle a return to that kind of extreme storytelling and the obsession over supercouples I was never that invested in to begin with. I, personally, find the idea of the Roman/Marlena/John triangle far more compelling than John/Marlena and everyone constantly telling everyone else how strong their love is. I know that supercouples are what saved DAYS in the 80s, and the ridiculous plotlines are what did it in the 90s, but can we find something a bit more honest and realistic to see us through the 10s? I'd kill for another black family on the show right about now. Maybe build it around Maxine?? I don't know. Something different that isn't a Hernandez.

• Members

I really hope fans don't get their hopes up too much to be disappointed. Already I'm seeing people proclaiming how good DAYS will be in a few months - when there's no basis for it. Granted anything other than Dena Higley can easily be seen as an improvement, but daytime is such an unpredictable playing field right now where even replacement writers can be worse than those they've replaced

• Members

Exactly. I think Dena's done okay the last few weeks, but I know that there are far better writers out there than her. There are also far worse ones. We should all be thankful that Corday didn't hire Chuck Pratt, for instance.

• Members

Amen to that. And for everyone that wants the last three years to go away, is it fair to ask that the entire JER 2003-06 run be erased too? How about Langan's "Teens of our Lives" era in 2000-01?

For better or for worse, it's part of the show. Now I want to see how Marlene and Darrell write Days, WITH THE CURRENT CHARACTERS STILL ON IT (that is, the ones not already axed). I think some people will be pleasantly surprised to see how a new writing team handles characters the audience doesn't like.

There's a lot of people really excited about Deidre Hall. People out there saying "shut your mouth! I don't want to hear anything bad!! Deidre's back!!!"

Yup, I liked it when Grant Aleksander returned to Guiding Light. Ask how well that worked out. ;)

Archived