B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watching those 1988 episodes, Donna had more purpose than Brooke due to the modeling story, majoring in Journalism, etc.  I was surprised Katie had focus and the family seemed closer knit than the Forrester family...so I never understood why Brooke was always unsatisfied and wanting to be wealthy.  Even in 1988..brooke was a chemist but only had ties in a romantic sense with the Forresters...while Donna had more avenues to explore..but after 1989.was just a talk to for Brooke and Macy before leaving in 1991

• Members

The credits to those 1988 episodes are interesting: even though the show is entering season 2 and it is beyond the first 250 episodes, both producer Gail Kobe of P&G fame and writer Meg Bennett are still listed in the credits. I'd thought that they both left after the first year, but now it seems they left sometime in the late spring/summer of 1988.

Thank you so much for these. Those late 1992/early 1993 episodes are amongst my first memories of watching B&B with my mom and whilst I managed to catch up with most of 1987-1992, I haven't seen much 1992-1996 since it's original broadcast while I have the fondest memories of this time. 

That Sheila and Dr. Garvin scene in the December 1, 1992 you posted a while back is a prime example what I loved about 90s B&B. There are so many great tongue in cheek scenes around all the yada-yada-love triangles. 

• Members

DOn't know if these were shared here before?

Anyway, as we were reliving 1992 and 1993: these are two more episodes from the first half of 1992. (There a couple of more scenes and episodes on the channel as well, but I haven't pinned them down to a certain episode yet)

# 1218

• Members

Very well-balanced episode... multiple stories going on at the same time... and I believe Stephanie name dropped Spectra in this episode LOL

I wish Brad Bell could look back at this era to see how Donna and Brooke were written... Brooke wanting the wealth and security so she basically groveled at Stephanie's feet.. while Donna didn't care about approval.. she was doing what was right (i.e. going to find her dad and bring him home vs. Brooke who didn't want anyone to know their father was alive).