B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, so there WERE a lot of preemptions. I thought that was so weird for that time of year. Was Y&R affected also?

I downloaded a bunch of the them on YouTube years ago, since deleted, and they had all the dates in July, August, plus the preempted September 7 and 11 dates (those September dates tipped me off to the problem also). I guess that person bought the DVD and was just using a calendar to date them but they weren't the correct dates at all.

I'm not sure how 1988 can be right, though, if December 31, 1987 has the wrong episode number.  It seems what we would need would be a certain date where we know that CBS has given us both the official episode number and we know the date.

Thanks for the link!

The episode numbers do seem to be easier to follow, but the problem is when you find some random episode on YouTube with a date in 88 or 89, and then you don't have the episode number to compare.

Do you know how many episodes are in the official release? Is it 250?  I purchased the first 16, which is all that was available in the US, and downloaded up to 105 but am looking for the rest. I never bothered with those "special episode" DVDs.

Thank you all!

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

The German DVD sets consist of episode 1 - 250. So it's season one (I always count March 23 as the beginn of a season - unlike CBS nowadays...) plus a couple of episodes of the 1988/1989 season.

If anyone has access to the B&B press site (or knows someone who has - any of SON staff?), they could also be of help. There are (or at least used to have) episode recaps to ALL shows, they call it "log lines". Just on some random occasions they contain characters/storyline that were not (!) part of the screened episode but it is still the most helpful source out there. Unfortunately, I didn't save all of these when I used to have access to the site. Bummer! 

Here's an example:

Please register in order to view this content

It's still a hazzle and like a rag rug piece of sources, but on IMDB you can also find recaps for more than half of 1988 and 1989 to pinpoint a lot of episodes down to a en episode number.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092325/episodes?year=1988

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Thanks for all your help! 

I can't see the attachment either but I reported the error to the board admin.  That's so cool how you had access to that site in the past... I always figured they must have a big database listing everything for when they need old clips to make montages, etc.

• Members

there are some people out there with access i am sure becouse in the internet you can find photoes from cbs database i suppose

i try to collect photoes from episodes i have quiet a big collection

Please register in order to view this content

my dream is to have at least one picture from episode but it is difficult for the period before 2010

if anyone know a good datebase or where i can find some

• Members

It works on Safari. Just checked it. Try another browser... 

There used to be GREAT recaps on cbs.com - and every day had one screen cap. It was from 01/01/1998 onwards. Too bad that they got rid of the recap section for the soaps when they switched to full episodes being streamed. Such a waste to take the sites off the world wide web as it had zero data consumption; it just didn't fit into the new layout of cbs.com