Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

soapfan770

• Members

It was definitely #804. It would seem that the crew made a mistake during the special event, when the actors received signs with their first episode number, lol. 

1 hour ago, sheilaforever said:

Taylor was not Caroline‘s Original oncologist...

Yeah, I wonder if the "original" oncologist was supposed to be Taylor at that time. Or whether they decided that if they go with Caroline's doctor as the next Ridge's lover, they need a new actress. I don't think that the name of the first doctor was given and few episodes later we had Hunter as "dr. Hayes".

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
1 hour ago, LuckyBold said:

Yeah, I wonder if the "original" oncologist was supposed to be Taylor at that time. Or whether they decided that if they go with Caroline's doctor as the next Ridge's lover, they need a new actress. I don't think that the name of the first doctor was given and few episodes later we had Hunter as "dr. Hayes".

It's definitely not the origianl storyline direction: Caroline's first cancer doctor is a man...

I think it was once mentione that Bill Bell was really impressed by Hunter Tylo and therefor quickly expanded the role - I think KKL's pregnanccy in 1990 might have factored in as well for the shift of focus for Ridge. Actually one of the very few believable widower stories on soaps...

• Members

Caroline's very first doctor is a man, dr. Oshiro. He delivered the bad news and I think he had also appeared earlier when Stephanie was hospitalised. But her second doctor is a woman and now that I've checked it we are given her name: it's dr. Angelo. And 20 episodes later Caroline is somehow "transferred" to Taylor.  And yes, it is revealed that she's also psychiatrist when Felicia asks her to help Jake. I don't think that from that moment forward somebody has ever thought of Taylor as an oncologist again.

Edited by LuckyBold

• Members

Hey guys, I wanted to revisit these lists I posted a few weeks ago of the episodes on the 10play site. I filled in more episode numbers and dates. Just trying to confirm that they've all been uploaded somewhere. I'll do one category at a time so people can comment and check the thumbnails.

I can't place the Ridge/Thorne fashion show (Drew Tyler Bell is in it) and I understood there should be 10 episodes per category (50 overall) but when I go to the thumbnails I only see 8, so maybe someone can view the page with VPN and see what's on there.

Best Weddings - done, episode numbers and dates are listed on the videos in the vault

Best Fashion Shows

Brooke's Bedroom

Date: 12/11/98

Episode #: 2942

On the Vault

it would also be cool if anyone has the original version with original music to upload

Lake Como

Date: October 29, 1997

Episode #: 2661

On the Vault

Ridge vs Thorne

Date: ??? (between 2004-2010?)

Episode #: ???

Forrester vs Jackie M, Pt 1 & 2

Dates: August 13-14, 2009

Episode #s: 5628-5629

On YouTube & also uploaded by @Slutty Shauna Fan  here: 

Hope for the Future

Date: 8/19/11 (based on thumbnail)

Episode #: 6137

On YouTube:

California Freedom:

Date: 7/20/15 

Episode #: 7123

On YouTube:

Quinn's Fashion Show

Date: November 11, 2016

Episode #: 7461

On YouTube:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Damn, how I miss Sally & Macy so much on this show. I wish Thudley hadn’t felt the need to off Macy & Darla ugh.

Fenmore’s West this early in 1992? Interesting. Loved seeing Clarke again too!

As for the thief at Forrester my money is on Jake & Margo

Edited by soapfan770

• Members
3 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

Damn, how I miss Sally & Macy so much on this show. I wish Thudley hadn’t felt the need to off Macy & Darla ugh.

Fenmore’s West this early in 1992? Interesting. Loved seeing Clarke again too!

As for the thief at Forrester my money is on Jake & Margo

I think this was indeed Jake and Margo’s exit storyline.

• Members

So nice to see a Spectra-centric episode with Felicia and Stephanie thrown in. The conversation between Sally and Stephanie was so fantastic. 

The more I see these episodes the more I realize that I will probably not like or watch this show regularly again.

• Members
1 hour ago, Vizion said:

So nice to see a Spectra-centric episode with Felicia and Stephanie thrown in. The conversation between Sally and Stephanie was so fantastic. 

The more I see these episodes the more I realize that I will probably not like or watch this show regularly again.

I don't even remember the last time I watched a recent complete episode. The classic episodes just show how great B&B was.

• Members
2 hours ago, kalbir said:

Jake, Margo, Clarke were all gone around Spring 1992. I think their exits were just before Sheila arrived.

Thanks! I knew one of Margo’s last stories was having an affair with Taylor’s ex husband and divorcing Bill Sr. How much longer was Felicia on for before Dion left for AW? She  had a relationship with Taylor’s brother but they didn’t seem to be together long  before they left LA together.

Edited by soapfan770

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • On Soap Opera Network

• Community Posts

• This blast from the past showed up in my FB memories today & it seems just as salient now. One of WLS Top 25 Blunders 16. The Mismanagement of the Final Years of AS THE WORLD TURNS The first several years of the Chris Goutman era as executive producer of AS THE WORLD TURNS were award-winning and critically acclaimed, full of actors who couldn't praise their leader enough in the press. The final years were the complete opposite. The constant pats on the back were gone. In their place were a lot of confusing casting decisions, rumored turmoil, and the unbelievable mistreatment of the legendary Eileen Fulton. The show that had the most history that was still intact had a leader who could not have cared less. Letting the brilliant Larry Bryggman (John Dixon) walk away in 2004 was a huge blow to the show and a definite sign the tide was turning. Seeing his return for a few weeks at the very end of ATWT's run in September 2010 proved what an asset he was and what a hole he left. Similarly, allowing Martha Byrne (Lily Snyder) to leave, and acting so cavalier about it in the media, was infuriating and turned off many fans. Even when the classy Noelle Beck offered to step aside so Byrne could return to ATWT in the final months for a reunion of Lily and Holden, Goutman refused. Firing a returned Scott Bryce, who actually made the character of Craig human despite awful writing, was another head scratcher. We don't know if it was pride, personal grudges, or complete incompetence but this was not the man who turned this soap around in the early 2000s. What happened? And where was Procter & Gamble? They seemed to have lost interest in both their remaining soaps at the time. ATWT still showed moments of brilliance in its final years with Maura West (Carly), Michael Park (Jack) and Colleen Zenk (Barbara) leading a cast that gave their all, no matter what story was written. But there was no explaining the act of continuing to introduce new (and mostly unlikable) characters through the final months of the show. There was no justifying the rapid-pace style of editing that seemed to confuse and alienate viewers. And there was no reason to back burner daytime legends such as Don Hastings (Bob), Kathryn Hays (Kim), and Elizabeth Hubbard (Lucinda). As for Lisa and Ms. Fulton, what a horrible way to end this soap. All soap opera final episodes are not made alike. For every perfect ending (SEARCH FOR TOMORROW's Jo and Stu come to mind) there is a Paul Rauch stomping on a cigarette or CAPITOL having Sloane standing in front a firing squad. It's not always easy to wrap up a soap in a limited amount of time. But no soap opera had ever had as much time between their cancellation notice and leaving the airwaves as 54-year war horse AS THE WORLD TURNS. The logical ending would focus on Nancy Hughes, but unfortunately the legendary Helen Wagner passed away the month before the show wrapped production. So obviously, the next thought would be the characters of Bob and Lisa, played by Don Hastings and Eileen Fulton, who both joined the cast in 1960 (that's 50 years earlier!). The show got it (mostly) right with Bob and let him have the final words on the air. But Lisa, they couldn't have got it more wrong. Why didn't Lisa have some kind of storyline in the final months? Fans had been questioning her airtime for years. But surely, knowing the soap was going away forever, was't Lisa entitled to one last hurrah? The producers and writers instead gave her only two scenes in the final episode, as a supporting character in the Lucinda-John reunion and in quite insulting circumstances as well. The character of Lisa is credited as TV's first "bitch" and characters like Erica Kane or Alexis Colby may not have existed without her! That's huge. That's history. So what kind of historic tribute did ATWT pay to Lisa on the last show? They gave her four lines and a sarcastic talking-down-to from Lucinda and John. At the very least, would a phone call from an old flame like Grant Colman have hurt? Put them all together, and these decisions demonstrate a lack of respect for AS THE WORLD TURNS as a cultural icon, a lack of consideration of its millions of viewers around the world, and a general sense of contempt for the show on behalf of Goutman and P&G. The consistent and systematic dismantling of this beloved soap through poor management decisions remains a shameful blight in television history, and a tragic example of how ignorance and disdain can ruin an American institution. ____________________ This was the Executive Producer who openly wept at the end of ANOTHER WORLD, but who faced Jen Lenhart, ATWT Editor at Soap Opera Digest, in a 2008 Q&A and told her that he had no need to read fan mail, that HE knew what was right for the show -- not the fans.  
    • IIRC Ginger is a volunteering kindergarten teacher, at least in the early seasons. Not sure she's even getting paid.
    • Finally NLG's reel basis is out & about in the universe: On YT look for "GH Alexis 04 08 21". Haven't seen it yet myself but saw some people who had who are raving about it. Also she gave an interview to MFairman & its supposed to be of great interest. NLG talks to MFairman about her emmy reel
    • Interview with Michelle Lee. The marriage didn't last. Love James Farentino choosing a career woman because it would benefit him. Maybe Michele had a rethink on hubby's attitude? Interesting to note that none of the Knots ladies worked when the show premiered (did Ginger?), a reflection of the times that middle class women were expected to be 'housewives' and content with that. But things were changing... July 1980  Michele Lee calls 'Knots' ' a precedent-setting show By STACEY JENEL SMITH Chicago Tribune Service Michele Lee hates to admit it, but she nearly turned down her role in "Knots Landing." "My response was 'Oh, God playing the mother of a teenager! I'll be typecast as a matron and won't be able to get work. "The roles society puts on women ! It's as If once they're mothers, they're put out to pasture. "But the last few months have given me a whole new positive perspective on it, a whole new awareness,". she says. I know now I'm really lucky. And maybe it sounds funny to say this, but I really feel that this character is a contribution." Certainly the past decade has brought changes in television's treatment of divorcees and widows with the emergence of such shows as Bonnie' Franklin's "One Day at a Time." But as far as Michele is concerned, the "Knots Landing" character is still a precedent-setter. "You now have the opportunity for a viewing audience to see a positive, 'now,' 'together' wife and mother," she says. "She's liberated and she chooses not to work. I used to think I was liberated because I worked, but now I know that being liberated has to do with what's inside you. Karen doesn't consider herself 'just a housewife' and she isn't." Michele who like her  her character, Karen, is 37, sits in the sunny patio of a Los Angeles cafe, excitedly expounding upon all the plus points of her video alter ego. She describes scenes from the "Knots" series in which Karen has distinguished herself as honest, bright and capable sparing no detail. It soon becomes clear not only that the show's producers need not be concerned about her dedication to "Knots," but that effervescent, enthusiastic Michele could make quite a filibuster artist. She is equally enthusiastic when it comes to discussion of her 14-year-old union with actor James Farentino, a topic which, naturally, she includes during her talk about "now," liberated women and progressive marriage. "He conscientiously searched for a career woman to marry and that was before the new awareness, before the women's movement got started. He felt it would give him more freedom. ' That's how he saw it. He'd known men whose wives' days didn't begin until their husbands came home, husbands who were under real pressure to fulfill this other person. He saw it as a stifling influence. , "Sometimes things get uncomfortable when we're both working, when neither of us is at home," Michele says with a shrug, "but that comes with the territory." . She explains that under such circumstances, the Farentinos' longtime housekeeper is entrusted with the care of their 10-year-Old son, David Michael. Making the commitment to the long hours a TV series involves was a weighty decision for Michele. "One of my Own personal goals was to be on a television series," says the woman who grew up around show business as the daughter of a Hollywood studio makeup man before hitting Broadway for the first time at age 17, going on to the stage and screen versions of "How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying," and becoming a steadily working theater, film and TV actress and singer. "I know the enormous responsibility of being a parent and I don't take it lightly. I know I'm responsible to David and I also know that I'm responsible to myself. When I'm working, I let him know how rewarding and fulfilling it is to me. I also make it a point to reserve a period of time every day just for him, really concentrating with direct, one-to-one contact."  If there's any doubt of her intensity when it comes to parenting, Michele goes on at length discussing the numerous child-rearing methods endorsed by the group PET (Parent Effectiveness Training), of which she is a member. And discussing child-rearing advice she has gleaned from books. And discussing how some of the tips she has picked up in her research (such as the importance of avoiding "labels" in describing people) have had a great impact on her life. "Sure it's tough to have a career that's important to you and to be a wife and mother at the same time. It does become a juggling match. But I think that any woman who wants it all can do it. Hopefully one day it'll be common for men to share more in the responsiblities of the home. A lot of working women today come home from their jobs jobs that are nine to five just like their husbands' and go bananas trying to prepare dinner while the men are relaxing with a martini. Because the woman's role is to cook." One would guess that's not the case at Michele's and Jim's house. "He cooks, he cooks," she assures with a laugh, "more often than I do. It's something that happened out of pleasure because Jim really likes to cook. He cooks when he wants to or, sometimes he might say, 'Hey, cook tonight, will you?' which is fine with me." Michele envisions a not-so-distant future in which both men's and women's job schedules may be planned around home responsibilities, when mothers and fathers will. trade off days of working and days of being home with their children. "After all the upheaval and all the shifting and all the pain of the changes we're going ' through now," she says, "we'll come out of it with ' a new flexibility for families. I don't buy the idea that the family is disappearing, though, because we need it too much. I am absolutely positive that the family will always last." She wants to get into such current sociological matters as the liberated-into-confusion woman and the threatened man on "Knots Landing," particularly since, she jokes, her character serves as such a wonderful mouthpiece. "Karen feels the same way about things as I do, 'cause I say so."   
    • Watching the end credits of the 1966 episode just caught my eye: Elizabeth Harrower had what I can only assume was a small role on the show as an actress two years before her daughter, and 13 before she'd take over as head writer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy