Ryan Dunn, Star of MTV's "Jackass" dies in car accident

dragonflies

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw man, that's horrible. MTV was just airing a lot of Jackass stuff this past week, and I caught some of it. That crazy ass group of guys have kept me entertained for years, and it's sad to know that one of them is now gone. If I'm not mistaken, he's the first major death in the Jackass family.

There's something very special and heart-warming about the fact that it was April who called in to confirm the news. It really lets you know how tight and close-knit the whole group has gotten over the years.

• Members

That was heartbreaking to watch. And the crash picture uploaded before he actually crashed is just creepy.

I LOVE Jackass and still haven't forgiven myself for not seeing the latest 3D installment.

• Members

That's why I hadn't posted yet. The first thing that came to mind was that he was drunk. Going at that rate of speed. I loathe DWI drivers. They deserve to be jailed for their entire lifetime. There is no need to drink and drive.

• Members

I feel sorry for him, but moreso I feel sorry for the person in the passenger seat who was killed because of his idiotic choices. I don't wish to speak ill of the dead, but there is no excuse for driving drunk at ANY TIME, especially when we know damn well you can afford a driver.

• Members

They were both drinking. There was a photo that Dunn posted a few hours before the crash of the two of them and another man drinking.

I guess they knew the risk.

I'm sorry for him and his family...I don't really know that much about him. I was interested in this mostly for the controversy over Ebert's comments.

• Members

I feel sorry that he was ignorant enough to make that decision. It doesn't make him a bad person, but it does make him an extremely ignorant one. I feel sorry that his lack of judgement has not only cost him his own life at a young age, but that he took someone elses with him.

And for his family. They lost a family member and will grieve for him. So, even though his death was a product of his own ignorance, a group of people will mourn him for the rest of their lives. So my heart goes out to them as well.

It's not smart, but he was intoxicated as well. He made a stupid decision, but his actions didn't put anyone in danger. Should he have allowed Ryan to drive drunk? No. But unfortunately, when two people are intoxicated, no one will think straight. I commend him for not making the decision to drive on his own.

Bottom line is: Friends don't let friends party without a designated driver.

:lol: +1

• Members

THANK YOU! My sympathies extend to his family and loved ones, but his own stupidity and lack of judgment (I question how much he had in the first place considering what his career is/was) cost him his life and someone else. Thank god they didn't hit another car.

There are far more grievous tragedies in this world EVERY DAY that don't even generate a fraction of what this has generated. I understand he was a public figure, but it just irks me. I am bias, because I'll never understand the appeal of watching people do disgusting, life risking stunts... and pay money to do so as well.

Archived