GH: New Casting Call

• Members

From The Soapgeist

Miss Nelly got the scoop on a new casting call released by GH's casting director Mark Teschner.

Sounds like a mixture of Olivia, Lois, & Brenda.

[FEMALE] Caucasian/Italian, mid 30s, dark haired. Beautiful with an air of cool, haughty sophistication, with near contempt with those weaker than she is. Accomplished, self-made and confident, fits perfectly into anything with a Prada label. Champagne tasteful and meticulous, demanding but charismatic. On the flip side, her learned facade of classic breeding masks an earthy, no-holds barred, blue collar Brooklyn background of unfettered fire and passion which rears its unruly, tempestuous head from time to time. Leans toward letting her hair down in no-label jeans and simple leather jackets over a bottle of beer. Both sides hide a vulnerable, damaged heart. A demanding, complex role. Think Anna Wintour meets Edie Falco. Must be able to play each persona with convincing, equal ease.... Contract role; starts late July/early August.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, GH you basically have this casting call description on your cast already in the form of the fabulous Lisa LoCicero! Sigh! I was hoping they'd go for Olivia/Sonny again after Brenda left but yeah it's looking like they're going to bring in yet another Brenda clone with a Bensonhurst/Brooklyn twist. Oh well!!

• Members

I think they probably are hoping the audience might like the character. :lol:

Anyway, this character sounds pretty boring. Another Brooklyn girl? And I have to ask, if she is a recast Kate (which is what it sounds like) why not bring back the regular Kate? Also, if she is wearing Prada or whatever, would she really also own no name jeans? Wouldn't she at least have Armani Exchange?

• Members

If the woman who played Yetta was still alive I would bring her in. Say she's a hot new arrival from Bensonhurst, then she staggers in, pinching Jason's rear end and giving him a wink. Imagine Sonny's face.

Oh good. She is still alive.

Give her a call, Mr. Teschner!

Archived