What if OLTL and AMC became ONE?

• Members

Oh, and I forgot to mention...Other AMC and OLTL characters would crossover at times as well. They'f make appearances and pop in as storyline dictates. Just not everyone could be a lead, or even recurring character.

Yeah, it helps me to imagine what these characters might do after OLTL and AMC ends. We might not SEE it, but all of these characters lives will go on in our minds. So I just like to put those ideas onto paper.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh ok. Want some contructive criticism? I think the main flaw with it is that there are too many vets from both shows. With the exception of Reese, all these characters are 15+ years (Lindsay's close but not quite). As it stands, it doesnt seem as if this show could establish its own identity seperate from OLTL/AMC as its too heavily dependent on the history of both shows which is inevitable considering most of the cast are longtimers. I also dont think thats reasonable nor could it work. The shows are being cancelled bc they are too expensive, so why would they largely cast so many of the more expensive stars? The show is sorely lacking a younger generation and theres a plethora of legacy children from both shows who could be used to usher in a spinoff.

I'd can Erica. Lucci can do guest spots but I dont feel Erica needs a life after AMC is done. She can probably do a limited run in the beginning to help establish it but then move on her way. I like the idea of the Hubbards continuing on but Id have Frankie and anewly recasted Cassandra join them. They could finally bring on Victoria Rowell as Onyx and let her have a May/December relationship wtih Frankie

Viki and Clint need to get a happy ending on OLTL and let that be the end of their stories. Im not keen on Dorian and Cassie being transplanted over either. Blair's gonna be going through a complicated mess with Todd in the coming months and depending on how that ends, it might be a good idea to just leave her with a solid resolution on OLTL. I'd bring Tina instead. She's been out of the loop for the largely part of the last 15 years, so I think there's still potential to be done with her. You could bring on her kids, Sarah and CJ to represent the Lord/Buchanan family. Lindsay would definetly work

• Members

Thanks for the feedback Cheap! TOTALLY see what you're seeing. I actually had thought Erica could be a short-term character as well, but I definitely would be interested in having the TV angle introduced through Hayley/Clint in some way.

I was definitely thinking that Angie and Jesse's kids could be brought on too. This was just the beginning of how to introduce everybody. I would definitely bring in Frankie/Cassandra at some point though. :)

I know Viki/Clint need a happy OLTL ending, and I hope they get it, but I'd LOVE to see it continued. And I'd love to see them become staples on this new show. It would start out being about Viki and Clint and establishing their businesses, but as time progressed it would turn into more of a story about the layers of those organizations, including characters like CJ, Sarah, etc.

I was definitely planning on bringing in the legacy characters/children like you said. I was thinking more to establish the show, bringing in the characters I listed up above...Then to slowly enfuse the younger generation, I'd bring in some of the AMC/OLTL children as well as new characters.

FLOVE your Tina idea!! She obviously crossed my mind too, as one of my favorite daytime characters EVER...I wasn't entirely sure how to bring her in in the beginning, but I would definitely bring her in down the line. Possibly during the Kevin story, ushering in Tina and sarah at the same time.

Love your ideas Cheap, and thanks for the feedback

• Members

Personally, I don't believe Frons for a second that they thought about merging the shows. So they'd have two hours that nobody was watching condensed into one. I think he said to placate the viewers and press, so that they'd think he tried every way possible to save them.

• Members

I would rather see AMC's Erica or OLTL's Dorian spun off into a new series - sort of like how "Cheers" became "Frasier," for example - with new supporting characters, families, storylines, etc., than see a "hybrid" rise out of AMC and OLTL's ashes. No one would be happy with the end result, not even if they split everything down the middle and chose an equal number of male and female faves from each show.

• Members

theres been rumors of the shows being cancelled and merged into one for years, going back to the Baby Switch storyline. I think this idea has been thrown around ABC and they seriously considered it a few years back. It popped up again a few weeks/months before the AMC cancellation rumors started

• Members

I think a hybrid show could be brilliant, if done right. People automatically assume it's going to suck because of the failure of "The City"...the ONLY other attempt ever made to do something like this.

If executed properly, a "hybrid" show could enfuse elements of the classic shows as well as building it's own history, and gathering it's own audience.

Sort of like The Practice morphed into Boston Legal. It just worked.

• Members

Seriously, I had a hard time accepting Skye Chandler on OLTL (and later, on GH) after seeing her for so many years on AMC. And in order to make that work, they had to retcon the [!@#$%^&*] out of her history, too.

Archived