Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Message added by Errol,

One Life to Live

ONE LIFE TO LIVE

  • July 15, 1968 - January 13, 2012 on ABC

  • April 29 - August 19, 2013 on Hulu

One Life to Live Tribute Thread

Featured Replies

  • Member

In fairness Malone had expanded R.J. from just being dayplayer "Jimmy Glover" in '94 after noting his talent and the audience response to him. That's how he became a real character. But yes, it would've been a horrible mistake to end him there.

  • Replies 9.4k
  • Views 2.4m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Paul Raven
    Paul Raven

    Did we know this about Robin's childhood? This would have been 1951. 'Red' Mother to Appeal Loss of Child's Custody Mrs. Ann Strasser De Carrava, 25, of 51 E. 109th St., today said she would appeal th

  • vetsoapfan
    vetsoapfan

    Hey! I am getting complementary words from kind SON members, AND I just received notification from the administration that I have been elevated to the rank of "Veteran." Plus...a "Reacting Well" badge

  • WTEN (ABC) "One Life to Live" Promo 1991 An early promo for Jason, when he was still meant to be a bad boy. As they decide to literally spell out for us.

Posted Images

  • Member
1 hour ago, Khan said:

You're not alone, lol.

And I'd really love to know Malone's rationale for turning Becky Lee into an insta-racist, even though it wouldn't have jibed at all with anything longtime viewers knew about her. I mean, was it just because she was a country singer from the South, lol?

I can never remember if Malone or Laiman/Sloane/Passanante were headwriting at that time.

I noticed that when Becky Lee returned for Bo's Weekend at Drew's moment, she was reverted to her old personality.

(it took me about 7 times to post this!)

Edited by DRW50

  • Member
4 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I can never remember if Malone or Laiman/Sloane/Passanante were headwriting at that time.

I'm pretty sure Becky Lee and the aborted Drew/Rachel pitch with the R.J. whodunit was his last stuff. He talked about it and his plans for the racism story/interracial romance on one of his fansites or his official site in the late '90s or early 2000s, before he returned to the show IIRC.

Edited by Vee

  • Member
2 hours ago, Vee said:

In fairness Malone had expanded R.J. from just being dayplayer "Jimmy Glover" in '94 after noting his talent and the audience response to him. That's how he became a real character. But yes, it would've been a horrible mistake to end him there.

Had RJ done enough across canvas to warrant a murder mystery? Sheila and Rachel’s recasts damaged the prominence of those characters and Hank isn’t half the man he is in the ‘92 episodes of anything I’ve seen in that era

  • Member
7 minutes ago, soapfave06 said:

Had RJ done enough across canvas to warrant a murder mystery? Sheila and Rachel’s recasts damaged the prominence of those characters and Hank isn’t half the man he is in the ‘92 episodes of anything I’ve seen in that era

I think in that period there was the whole R.J./Sheila intrigue, the Nora ONS reveal, Rachel being on drugs and what not that probably would've led into it somehow. IIRC the killer was going to be Rachel. Fortunately none of it happened, though Rachel did get a murder rap a couple years later.

And yeah, Valarie Pettiford was amazing as Sheila. Stephanie Wlliams I didn't care for. Don't get me started on Mari Morrow or Sandra Grant's Rachels. If OLTL ever somehow returned I'd just say Hank and VP's Sheila were back together, and maybe have 'em appear if you got so lucky (assuming anyone retrieved Hank from the Backrooms dimension of the Buchanan mansion where he last seen in '09).

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.