OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Viki seems needy and neurotic in this period - I don't care for all that about her lies about the heart defect because Joe just can't take the pain. It's all bad melodrama.

They should have kept his child with Cathy - imagine the drama that would have provided in later years.

• Members

Yes there was no doubt that Dorian killed Victor in 1976. She wanted his money all for herself. "Tori" didn't have to kill him because he was practicly dead after Dorian witiheld his medication. Dorian would have made sure he never recovered. It was fitting though that Robin Strasser really pushed for Dorian to be "dress-up diva" and flaunt her wealth. even in those recaps from the 70's, it clearly said Dorian really wanted all of victor's "beutiful money" to herself. From the time Robin came on until she left in 2011, she proved she was still living as Mrs. Lord, with "millions from heaven."

I hate that they brought Victor back in 2003. I still say it could have been an evil twin. The real Victor died in 1976 when Dorian and Tori killed him. If the show lasted forever, they would have eventually brought Asa back as a recast. I truly beleive that.

Edited by BKuzak

• Members

When I first really got into OLTL during the Lord o the Banner/DID era, I asked my mom a bunch of questions about Dorian as she quickly became my favorite character. She remarked that the first Dorian dressed kind of frumpy/dowdy and wasn't quite the glamorpuss we knew Robin's Dorian to be. I found this interesting when I eventually read an interview where Robin said that she was responsible for that aesthetic change in the character. I talked about this a few years ago on WoST, and a poster who had actually been around during those years like my mom added that the glam factor wouldn't have exactly been an in character/period appropriate choice for a professional woman in the seventies, let alone a doctor, which I thought was a valid point. Even though Robin's Dorian predates Dynasty, I think that show had a huge impact on professional women and young girls who wanted to make something of themselves; women and girls who valued glamor, and the idea of glamor in the work place.

Was Claire Malis' big story the triangle with peter and Melinda? And to what degree was Melinda the "baddie" in that threesome opposed to Dorian, or was Dorian still the heavy, Melinda merely "disturbed"? I know they were trying to soften Dorian during this time, hence the recast to begin with. We Love Soaps should do a Claire Malis interview.