OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Once the homophobia storyline ended the show seemed to be done with the kids.  Alana was gone, Billy barely got any screen time for the next six months and then left and I can't even remember what the show did with Chris McKenna's Joey until he left.

• Members

Billy got a BF, Rick for a minute & Joey and Billy were at Cassie and Andrew's wedding but Billy left in June 1993 returning a year later for one episode with Nathan as Joey

I heard they fired Chris as Joey caise ABC didnt think he would sell His Joey and RS' Dorian

• Members

I do remember Billy meeting Rick and the lunch they had with Billy's parents.  Chris' Joey never would have worked with Dorian, he was and looked so young.  I really liked seeing Joey, Billy and Alana in story together.  I think the three of them worked really well together and I loved their scenes in the episodes with the AIDS quilt.

• Members

Oh heck no, the Jorian (no one ever called it that, but whatever) s/l could not have worked with McKenna, Dorian would've been a straight up pedophile. It's weird enough when you see the characters interact in older scenes thinking about what's to come. 

I can't remember the clip of VickRobCal's that I'm thinking of, but Strasser and McKenna cross paths here:

• Members

Yikes.

I just looked it up, McKenna and Fillion are six years apart. I didn't think there was even that much of an age difference to be honest with you. I think an actor even two or three years older than McKenna could've sold it. Of course Fillion was wonderful, that era of OLTL was my absolute favorite.

• Members

I think I may have posted it some years back...it's just a weird little blip...I think it's something like they have Robin Strasser posing by some lockers, for a silly gag, and then maybe they talk about ideas that were pitched. I can't remember now.

I thought most of Fillion's tenure as Joey was a waste, to be honest with you (it didn't help that his last two years on the show revolved around dead weight Gina Tognoni), but he and Robin Strasser were great together. He was very mature with her, so it turned the older woman/younger man cliche on its head. That was one of the heartbreaking elements of their relationship, in that he in the end was too grounded and good for Dorian, who was never going to be able to actually be the woman she made him think she was. 

I was sorry they never revisited the relationship in later years, with a proper Joey recast. Instead Joey stayed the same age for 20 years (hello Tom Hughes...) while Dorian was shackled with David "laugh at me now" Vickers.

• Members

I concur. I found David rather intriguing in the beginning, dark, mysterious, I loved all the Irene's diary stuff. It would be some years before he became Daffy David, the aging Adonis, but I think putting him in farcical situations with Tina and the Cramer women perhaps set the stage for the silly character he would become. I'm curious if Tuc was behind this turn in the character and what conversations were had with producers.