OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

On the telly the other night, there was a story about a guy who'd gotten a tattoo in tribute to Home and Away across his chest, so yeah, people do insane stuff like that dry.png .

I don't do tattoos either. Even if I did, I don't think I could bring myself to get one about a soap couple (I did however write out Max and Luna & Lucy and Kevin Forever on the whiteboard with a permanent marker one time in primary school when I was in detention ph34r.png ....My father had to buy the school a new whiteboard).

• Members

This is old, and probably has been posted, but a fascinating audio interview with Susan Bedsow Horgan about her time writing at OLTL as Gottlieb was transforming the show, and later EPing it http://brandonsbuzz.com/brandons-buzz-radio-the-archives/may-17-2011-former-one-life-to-live-showrunner-susan-bedsow-horgan/ I didn't realize they went to Agnes Nixon to get appoval for making Victor a pedophile and that she consulted on the story. And we have Jean Passanante to blame for Patrick's Penny Brown Penny nonsense.

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

It's really a pretty fascinating interview. I never thought before that with ratings tumbling, Disney made big changes all within one month on every major soap--Behr was fired from AMC, Labine from GH and Malone from One Life (though she admits that after Josh Griffith left she took over as essentially co-headwriter which she now thinks was a big mistake).

• Members

I'm sure she says in her long interview she did at that website a year or two back--but this interview implied she was. It does seem like Disney/ABC made major WP and/or HW changes all within 4 weeks on all three major soaps, so...

The same site had an interview with Pam Long, mainly about GL but she mentions her 3/4 of a year at GL under JPH. She says she barely remembers it, but admits she didn't think she even decided some of the key stories and while she's very gracious, she says it was that her and JFP creatively had different visions and she felt usually on soaps either you need a stronger EP with the vision and a HW to write it out, or vice versa, but two strong figures doesn't work. With the Labines at OLTL, JFP came in fairly early in their run, and I'm sure that played a big part with them not working out on \OLTL.