OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm thinking that the 1985 early Niki Smith (before she was put on the stand) is who Niki would be if everybody had left her alone. Maybe if she did take over and stay out...go away from Llanview, she would turn back into the nicer Niki because she wouldn't be surrounded by people who wanted Viki back.

Edited by BKuzak

• Members

I wonder why Doris left OLTL? Joe Stuart replaced her (right?).She went to The Doctors,where Stuart had previously worked.

I'm thinking that ABC got new daytime execs(Jackie Smith?) and they set about revamping the shows. AMC and RH were doing fine but OLTL and Gh were lagging. Marland/Monty came to GH and Stuart to OLTL.

Quinlan brought some OLTL people to TD - Nancy Pinkerton and James Storm. Kathy Glass was already on board. Quinlan didn't boost TD at all and she was gone after about a year.

She didn't work on soaps again.

• Members

When you post ,"I wonder why Doris left OLTL?," I don't know if you mean Doris Quinlan or Doris Belack.

Ellen Holly mentioned in her book that she and Al Freeman, Jr. learned of the impending outster of Ms. Quinlan at lunch when a performer from All My Children mentioned it.

Doris Belack choose to leave the show, I understand. I am not certain, but it may have been mentioned that she felt that she had played one role for long enough. I cannot remember exactly, but One Life to Live found an excellent replacement when they cast Kathleen Maguire (from A World Apart) as Anna.

I have long wondered why Ernest Graves left the show. Did he decide to leave, or did the show decide to replace him with Shepherd Strudwick?

• Members

I think the show decided to replace him. they were going into a new direction with Victor...IE: Dorian. it's so weird that Strudwick and Graves died within months of each other in the same year. strudwick died in January 1983 and then Graves died in June. 1983

• Members

Wow, I never thought I'd see her exit.

When I thought of the characters returning, I always thought of them coming together after they both left the show, and then reconciling and splitting again and again because of Carla's headstrong ways, full of causes and activism and drive, choices that drew her away from home and family - still a runner, just as she started out on the show. If you brought on a new generation of Halls, they would be coming from a background where Ed and Carla were more separate than united, where Grandma was kind of nuts, and an older Carla would be up to her own game while a weary Ed is just trying to manage the youngsters. Eventually, of course they would reconcile for good, as that story played out and then probably exit the show or fade into elder recurring status (as Carlotta and Renee once had, before they barely ever appeared) while their descendants played on the show.