OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think she's always been really underrated. I thought she did amazing in all her scenes with Blair, especially when he was in jail. I know a lot of people really liked her work in the DBL storyline. I've watched this scene in particular many times. You can tell she really understood the character. It always baffles me that she was only nominated for an Emmy once..

http://youtu.be/6ZMLm8SRJZE

Enabling disabled

• Members

Has anyone watched any of the shows Robin did in the late 80's early 90's. She was quite good on Knots Landing and Coach. She was actually pretty funny on Coach. even though i love Katherine Helmond from Soap and WTB's, I would have perfered they brought Robin back for those final couple of seasons on Florida but by then she was already back on OLTL.

And her famous line on Knots Landing that soapnet used to show on previews was when she told Karen, "You look like a spotted hippo" in an outfit she was wearing. LOL

Oh and she did a pretty good smallish role on one episode of Murder She Wrote called "last flight of the dixie dampsel." pretty good episode about this plane that "went down" back in the WW2 war and everyone blamed Jessica's husband so of course she had to go there and clear her husband of murder. Robin played the daughter of one of the men on the flight who also passed away.

• Members

I loved her on Knots, of course she was right at home in the soap format. She and Michele Lee were great scene partners and I'm so glad Robin got that role. Susan got Dallas, Robin got Knots.

Her Murphy Brown episode where she played a Russian version of Murphy was on YouTube. Her episode of The Young Riders is on IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi2321914393/).

I've seen two of her Coach episodes, and I must say, Robin was particularly stunning at this time. She is drop dead gorgeous in her first episode of Coach. She's sitting at the bar in this slinky black dress and black stockings, I don't think she's ever looked sexier. Like how she looked when she first returned to OLTL in '93. I loved her big hair (which she later revealed was part weave!) and she'd had her eyes done at this point so she was looking even younger than she did when she left One Life in '87.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Claire Malis Callaway, OLTL's second Dorian, has passed away.

Robin Strasser tweeted this on August, 25:

"Claire Malis passed away yesterday, finally succumbing after battling illness with bravery and courage of a Titan. She was #OLTL DORIAN2 RIP

Claire Malis wed Tom Callaway, followed him to LA, leaving the role of Dorian open for: me. Their marriage endured 'til her death yesterday.

Claire Malis Callaway's husband, daughter, and many friends, doubtless would appreciate expressions of condolence. She was lovely and loved."

A poem by Claire's friend:

http://www.luxecoliv...name-is-claire/

Edited by SFK

• Members

Yes, in effect. Robin kindly returned (from life in California with her then-husband, Larry Luckinbill) after her replacement, Margie Impert, didn't work out. She left again when they were able to find a suitable replacement, Victoria Wyndham. Harding Lemay had plans to take Rachel in another direction anyway, looking to make some of Rachel's "dreams come true" via wealthy mate, Mac, and moving his own creation, Iris, into the role of the show's lead villainess.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Thank you for the post, SFK. Claire's husband Tom Callaway is an actor, too. He was David Grant on Somerset. In the 80s, Tom and Claire appeared on Falcon Crest, though separately. Claire also played Jo's mother on The Facts of Life. The Dorian character was in somewhat of a transition phase when Claire played her on OLTL. I do not feel she was provided with material in which she could really shine, hence she is often forgotten or dismissed in DorIan discussions. She was a solid actress. I am sorry to learn of her premature death.

• Members

Clair Malis was playing Dorian when I first started watching OLTL, and I really liked her in the part. As you say, Dorian was in transition at that time, trying to be "kinder and gentler". She was not very successful, LOL! She was trying to win Paul Kendall, and he would have no part of Dorian's schemes and lies, so she was trying to change. But she just couldn't mind her own business and made a lot of trouble for her sister, Melinda, and her husband Peter.

I've looked for youtube videos of Clair Malis as Dorian, but can't find any. Do you know of some?

• Members

A glimpse of her about thirty seconds in:

What tickles me is hearing the way Erika Slezak says Dorian in that gorgeous Mid-Atlantic accent, the way she's always said it regardless of the woman playing Dorian. It's just funny for me whenever I see her looking in the face of anyone other than Robin Strasser and saying that name.