OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

IIRC, judging by the Margaret stuff and the jail scenes, this was Higley. Late, late, late 2004, around the end of the year, when they canned Malone and she came in. Her grand ideas for the future included frontburnering Tari Signor and her horrific voice as Margaret for months on end, and in short order (as per the jail scenes) she had Viki get Dorian fired from Llanview Hospital, where I'd loved her as Chief of Staff in 2003-2004. Right after this Margaret abducts Victor, tortures him for months and then rapes him to create Sam.

Then around New Year's Eve, IIRC, we had our first glimpse of Tess, acting cold in the back seat of a limo. I believe we didn't see her again for a proper introduction for several months after that one cameo - it was actually a very brief tease, with no explanation at the time. Legend has it Dena got the job by giving Frons a one-sentence pitch: "Jessica has a split personality." And the hurting was born.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I hate the whole idea of Tess, although I do think Bree was much better at Tess in that first run, from what I've seen of it.

I always get confused about what was Malone and Higley. Was Malone the stuff with Blair and Todd taking the mansion from Asa and then Blair braining Asa? Those clips were also put up, I just didn't post them.

• Members

Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't sure as I thought marcowuzmypimp had some of this up before, but I never had a chance to watch all their videos. The wedding stuff did look new to me. I'm glad to see new clips!

What did you think of the first Becky Lee and Richard? I never knew why they were both fired so abruptly.

• Members

Yes, that was Malone, from summer/fall 2004. It was an ill-fated attempt to do a story not really seen since the 90s, where Blair and Todd work together to shake up the town, etc. That particular version of the plotline was just a very stupid idea. I remember them making "wolf noises" on the phone to scare Asa. Asa explains it to Kevin, who picks it up after they've disconnected. Asa's reply: "It must have hung up." Then he spent a few weeks literally standing in a ditch in the ground until Rex and Shannon McBain walked by. This was how Malone II constructed plot breakdowns, I guess. Trevor St. John then spent the next three or four years citing this storyline as an example of why Todd and Blair were horrible.

It vaguely amused me the following year when Asa stepped in at the last moment of the Margaret storyline to pick up where she left off and abduct Blair himself as revenge for this stupidity. IIRC she was held in a mental hospital out of town, and she called him up. I desperately wanted him to say, "I'm sorry, Blair, the wolf must have hung up!", laugh maniacally and put the phone down.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It's too bad, as the work from Phil Carey and KDP in those scenes I watched was first rate...the dialogue (rehash of history everyone knows) and the story, not so much. I don't think Kassie had the chops in the early 90's to play Blair but I kind of wish she'd played in that original Asa/Blair story; in the clips I've watched I preferred Mia Korf's Blair when she wasn't around Max or Asa.

• Members

At the end of the 5th clip, i beleive it was the very first one that Robin strasser did with Erika. I don't beleive it's her very first scene because they didn't say, "the role of Dorian Lord is now being played by..." but i do beleive it's the first one she had with Erika. Viki mentioned Dorian had been away so i figure Claire Labine went "away" and when she came back she was Robin Strasser. How weird that she went to Viki and Joe's house and everything was cordial but things were different then i guess. they just pretty much "put up" with her. and i love all the scenes with Judith Light.

Like someone else said, I know they are old scenes but many of them are new to me so i can't wait to continue. Clint hasn't even arrived yet. I'm very happy. I've been mising my "viki fix" of new scenes that i used to get at least twice a week for the past 19 years. Now I can have that again, at least for as long as this "Viki & Clint love story" saga continues. It makes me very happy. I've missed Viki.

• Members

I wonder if they'll do "fake Viki" played by the woman who played Pamela Buchanan later on. It was around late 1981 when Erika was on her second maturnity leave. Maybe they'll skip over that since it was mostly about the Ted Clayton story. I am loving this Viki/Joe stuff. I remember when she was going to marry Charlie and she told Noella about her husbands...she said she beleived she and Joe would still be married if he hadn't died. sort of like a young version of Joe and Ruth Martin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ZZ_81KgGk