OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it was when Sam Hall and Peggy O'Shea were co-headwriting, right before Paul Rauch came on. Funny, as I usually credit all the fantasy camp stuff to him (though Peggy O'Shea wrote the better early stuff). But I could be wrong and it was when Rauch did come on? Obviously it was an attempt to go with the GH sci fi style at the time.

• Members

Just catching up on this thread.....

Badderly should have been named the worst story of the decade. Gawd, that went on and on and on and on and....well, you get the picture. It was a horrific mess, and showed that Paul Rauch's creative steam was gone. Yes, it featured characters we cared about like Megan, Jake, Sarah, Bo Cord and Tina, but they interacted with cartoon villains in a senseless plot. It was the longest summer ever! wacko.png

• Members

Was that when Schnessel (sp? lol what a name) was writing solo? It seemed like for the most part under Rauch, Peggy O'Shea kept things in check (I believe she wrote another soap after, but can't remember what), and had a great mix of camp and classic soap opera, even if the class and ethnicity issues slipped away, but once she left (quit? fired?) Rauch's impulses got the better of him. And then of course there was his awful final year where he seemed to try to bring the show back to its basics, with this time unintentional camp.

*edit* No i guess it WAS the 1990 DePriest/Rauch era

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

I liked Marco on GH. Well i liked the Marco/Tracy stuff. They were great together, the odd couple. They even got a Soap Opera Weekly (or magazine) cover together. then once she left he was mostly there as Jagger's boxing manager. I don't think there was a time when he left the show, i think he just fadded into the background. He didn't even go to Jagger and Karen's wedding.

• Members

Amen. That was the beginning of the end of Paul Rauch. Summer of 1990. LOVED his run until that last painful year. Sarah almost sinking in quicksand WAS cool though. And I remember Megan played a funny nerdy character named Midge! (They were all mostly disguised as other people for some plot reason)

And responding to another comment, that Peggy O'Shea was BRILLIANT 1985-87 OLTL was truly brilliant, and the most underrated in OLTL's history. Brilliant. Loved Schnessell, although his storylines were outlandish. He was young and sadly died young..