AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

No, it didn't--but I suppose if it was leading up toi a Janet as Brooke story, as weird as that would have been, it does make some story sense. I do agree with your ealier comments on Jason who I think was a strong character--I think he did make a few prison appearances later on with Kevin's story, but not much.

I still can't get over how constant some of the music cues were during this era--it's almost like they're playing synth instrumentsl of full out songs under many of the scenes (but yes the Tad/Liza scene was hot). Do you remember why Noah and Julia even flew to Jamaica--besides leading to a location shoot and the Days-lite voodoo stuff? i know it was after he was convicted, etc, but did Noah have ties to Jamaica?

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it may have just been where the transport was going?

Playing the Jamaican woman in that clip was, I believe, Kim Brockington, who went on to a thankless role as Dr. Felicia Boudreaux on GL, which she took over from, ironically, Sheri Headley (Mimi).

Jason was on for one day when Kevin was trying to go straight. Kevin went to see him and Jason hurled abuse at him, I think.

There were more than a few hints that Jason was also gay, which was one of the reasons he was so out of control.

• Members

And totally wasted. They got rid of Phoebe's set when they built the one for Brooke. That's why Phoebe was always over during their scenes. RW said that's also why they put her in a wheelchair, necessitating her stay with Brooke, when really it was because she no longer had a house! They had Phoebe fall on the ice leaving Adam's, with frantic Marian testing if she was coherent, asking questions like, "Who's the president?", and exasperated Phoebe snapping, "Caligula!" She denied her need for the wheelchair, though it was obvious in a few scenes that she was a little unsteady on her feet. I remember one scene in particular where she lost her balance and grabbed onto John Callahan's arm as they continued the scene.

• Members

I loved that bit where she fell actually. To be fair, Brooke had a house before, the one on Phoebe's property, and they hadn't shown the legit Tyler set for AGES (was it even shown in the 90s?)--but I do believe RW probably did at least partially need that wheelchair, as you say, though perhaps it was for insurane reasons. Certainly James Mitchell was very frail his last appearances and always sitting down, but not in a wheelchair (same with Eileen Herlie although she seemed remarkably strong until her very final moments).

• Members

Ha! I forgot she came seeking Brooke's help. I got the feeling that as soon as she appeared they knew it was an exit for good, after two recasts of Pierce.

Incidentally there was a funny bit in the essay in Worlds Without End that mentions polls done towards gay male viewers about soaps (and AMC in specific which they claim had the highest gay male viewership--this was 1996/7), and they said people on the show were surprised that more women found Chris Bruno as Michael one of the hottest actors on the show than gay men--who generally picked the first Pierce as their favorite.

• Members

As long as I live, I'll never forgive AMC for eighty-six'ing the Tyler mansion (or "updating" Cortlandt Manor). Those sets were almost historic, IMO. To me, losing them was like losing the Reardon boarding house on GUIDING LIGHT -- a clear sign that that show's days were numbered.