AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Tad pursued Brooke pretty hard in 1990, and when he left Brooke thought she got what she deserved for allowing herself to fall in love with him, and he returned to Dixie.

That history is also why Brooke went slightly nuts in 1993 when Tad cheated on her with Dixie, after Brooke said good-bye to Edmund at Willow Lake.

• Members

I think he comes across badly here, especially when he gets physical with Opal. This arm-grabbing was something that angered me about AMC for years, as Edmund and Mateo later did this over and over.

I mostly just thought Brooke was the other woman who interfered with true love, but it doesn't seem like that here. I wonder if they only reunited Tad and Dixie because MEK was leaving.

• Members

I suspect the tail end of Dixie/Tad/Brooke was definitely wrapped up and set up because of MEK's departure (and hopeful return).

In 1990, even though Brooke lost Tad (after he most definitely pursued her), she gained a child - something she was told would never happen for her again, and made all the more sad by Laura's death - so the scale kind of balanced itself out.

In 1993, I just wanted to smack Tad and Dixie (a couple that I liked even though Dixie had a big hand in destroying Brooke's marriage to Adam) because they couldn't get their act together, and dragged everyone around them down. They were too selfish to root for, and then the writers didn't seem to have any plans for them after the torrid affair. Brooke got to be both angry and mean, but I wished that Tad and Dixie had suffered far more.