Legacy Characters that should be on their soap?

• Members

I thought about this when I seen Stephanie Johnson was leaving Days. What legacy character should be on their soap and leading stories. I consider Legacy characters kids of popular couples of Daytime such as Lucas Jones (Bobbie & Tony's son), Andrew and/or Jeannie Donovan (Kim & Shane's kids) Chris & Snapper's kid on Y&R.

For Days the only two that I can think of is:

Alexander Kiriakis: Son of Justin Kiriakis & Anjelica Deveraux he has Kiriakis ties and Deveraux "ties" and the character will bring much more story than Justin & Adrienne other 3 boys.

Andrew Donovan (who btw I think should have be EJ instead of making him a DiMera): He brings story for the Kirakises as well being that he was thought to be Victor's for a minute and he could return and begin a close relationship with Victor much to Bo, Roman, & Caroline dismay, with Shane & Kim dropping in now and then.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These days - I'd probably say none, as they would be destroyed.

Moving beyond that, I would say there is no reason why Kristen shouldn't be on B&B, or why Jamie Martin and Tim Dillon shouldn't be on AMC.

OLTL is another matter because they bring back "legacy" characters and misuse or trash them. It's pointless.

• Members

Yeah that was Bobby Warner, but I think Nina had a kid with Cliff as well. Now those are the characters that should be running Cortlandts. Nina going toe to toe with Erica Petey trying to take over fusion from Kendall, bring in Bobby & Kelsey's kid Sam to work at Cortlandt as well.

• Members

Michael was the baby's name.

When I was in elementary school, Frankie and Bobby were elementary aged too but a couple years older. It would be cool to have Bobby back as Frannkie's childhood best bud reunited in adulthood. Kind of like the bond Tad and Jesse have. And I'm really resisting the urge to say that Bobby makes a play for Randi because I'd like their friendship to be a good one. I wish Nina and Bobby did get a chance to have more story with Palmer's passing opposed to just Caleb and Asher.

And yes, Petey too! And there's the obvious added benefit that his mother's still on the canvas.

• Members

AMC: Charlie Brent; Peter Cortlandt; Tim Dillon; Sam Grey; Kelsey Jefferson; Jamie Martin; Bonnie McFadden; Bobby and Michael Warner; Molly and Sean Montgomery; Emily Ann Sago

OLTL: Kevin (Riley) Buchanan; Sami Garretson; Joshua Hall; Al Holden (even if he is, you know, dead and all); Tina Lord Roberts (since she is, after all, the daughter of Victor Lord and Irene Manning); Sarah and C.J. "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Roberts; Dan Wolek

In that case, have Bobby make a play for Randi's long-lost half-sister, Gina.

• Members

There have been a couple of times when I've been watching a scene with Viki and one of her pain in the ass children and wondered what it would be like if we cut over to Ed and Carla's home across town and had a scene of her dealing with one of her own pain in the ass kids or grandkids. I wish that family would have thrived on the show and we'd be treated to tender scenes of Carla telling her grandbabies about their great-grandmother Sadie, maybe even a story where Ed calls Carla out because she's overcompensating by putting her dark-skinned granddaughter on a pedestal while her light-skinned sister/first cousin feels like she's getting the shaft from grandma. If this was back in the '80s we could have even had Tisha and Tichina in those roles while they were still in NY before hitting it big, but now I'm really dreaming. :blush:

Generally speaking, if soaps are winding down like we keep hearing every other spumor, I'd like to see more returns from legacy characters than bringing on a bunch of new people. Whenever a show has been cancelled they of course always do that final cast photo and I guess it's just my issue but I think it always detracts when you see a bunch of newbie randoms in the pic.

Archived