Anyone know the name of this movie?

Erica

• Members

Okay, so this is pretty random and probably a long shot, but some scenes from a movie that I saw when I was young popped into my head a while back and I've been trying to figure out what the hell this movie is ever since. I'm hoping that maybe somebody here can tell me what the name of it is. It's really bugging me because I can't come up with it. Everytime I describe this movie to sombody, they just look at me like I'm crazy. It's an animated movie and I'm pretty sure it came out in the 90s, possibly late 80s, but I'm leaning more so to the early 90s. (FernGully: The Lost Rainforest, anyone? lol) I'm pretty sure it didn't come out after '96 either.

The scenes I keep remembering are where these weird animal/monster things come out from under this boy's bed (I think?) or they live in his closet? I don't know.. but the boy meets these animal things that talk and they end up going with him on this journey to save this princess. They go through the woods during the movie and fight off attackers and such. They finally get to the castle and they have to conquer all these people. At the end the boy kisses the princess. I think that the whole thing may have been a dream to the boy and he wakes up too? This sound familiar to anyone? This is really aggravating me. :huh:

I may even be getting two different movies mixed up and I'm meshing them together, but if any of this sounds familiar to anyone and they know any title; please feel free to post it. I know this is really random, but I just thought I'd ask.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, I'm so excited, lol. Somebody found the name of the movie for me. It's Little Nemo! Does anyone remember this movie except me?

B0002IQC5M.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Welcome to the fantasy world of "Little Nemo," filled with dreams of enchanted lands and new friends, amazing magic and fun-filled adventure. A place where anything is possible and the only boundaries are those of the imagination. In this major motion picture, Nemo journeys to the Kingdom of Slumberland. The King of Slumberland welcomes Nemo with open arts, making him heir to the throne and giving him a magical key that opens any door in the kingdom. "But I must warn you," the King says, "there is one door you must never open." Not heeding the King's advice, Nemo unlocks the door. With the King kidnapped and the nightmare unleashed upon the kind people of Slumberland, Nemo and his friends must venture into the depths of the Nightmare World in a courageous attempt to make things right. Will they be able to save the King and restore peace to the Kingdom of Slumberland?

I'm going to have to go out and buy this.. and FernGully.. and The Last Unicorn.

Archived