I Hope This Is Allowed...Cause I'm sick of people calling me weareclouds....lol.

Ryan Chamberlain

• Members

My name is James and I am fiftysomething. I live in Music City USA aka Twangtown NASHVILLE,TN.

I have watched soaps all my life whenever I could especially CBS soaps and especially ATWT but I guess you could guess from my screen name.

I don't watch much anymore but I keep up with them here and other places on the internet.

Nothing can come close to Douglas Marland's ATWT,Henry Slesar's Edge of Night or the Dobson's Guiding Light.

I am retired/diabled and I am the primary caregiver of my 91 year old mother who taught me to love CBS soaps!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

James, I wanna come live with you! LOL...Nashville is the one place I'd pick to live out of anywhere in the US. It's such a beautiful city and I LOVE the music!! My hubby might have a problem with me living with another guy though. :lol:

I'm Becki. I'll be 50 years old in September and I'll be married 25 years in May. I have two sons, 22 and 19 years old, and I am southern to the core of my being. I have the hillbilly accent to prove it too. :lol: I was born in Augusta, Georgia (home of The Masters golf tournament, which is next week) and lived there until after I got married. Both my kids were born in Memphis, Tn, which I adored, but my hubby hates the big city so for the last 10 years I've been stuck in Podunk Hell, NC with the worst possible rednecks on planet earth. I worked for 8 years for the NC DMV as a title and tag clerk, but I've been unemployed since last June when the office I worked at closed down.

I watched almost every soap on the air in the past 40 years at one time or another but in March 2009 I gave up my last soap (Y&R) and haven't missed them at all. I agree with Alex, that's is really intimidating to post here because there are so many folks that really know their stuff and I'm one of those that always based my opinion on whether or not I liked the character and the actor and the story. I wouldn't know if a show is properly directed or produced or lit or anything if my life depended on it. Just give me a good story with an interesting plot and characters I love, and then add in a dash of charming acting and I'll watch. Unfortunately soaps lost that years and years ago.

• Members

hahaha, i didnt mean it like that all. i met more the 28+ people who have NO ambition, drive, desire, or willingness to make a life of their own.

You sound like your just on hard times right now due to the world, keep your head up and keep trying.

• Members

My name is Danny from Kamloops, BC. I've been posting here off and on since 03.

I started watching DAYS in 1992 and it's always been my #1 soap but I rarely watch anymore. I find it a boring mess. I was also a huge Sunset Beach, Another World & One Life to Live fan at certain times. Now I've given up on the US soaps and have started to watch EastEnders & Hollyoaks which are far more entertaining.

• Members

EH, what the hell, I join the fray.

I'm Kylie and I'm 26. Born and raised in Southern California. I'm currently unemployed; and NO not because I'm lazy or whatever. But because nowhere seems poised to hire someone part-time with two degrees and a resume like mine. LOL I lived in England for a year, while I did my Masters degree. Fell in love with it, and want more than anything to move back. Hence, the job I need, to have the funds for my Visa. Hoping somewhere will hire me soon. Haha.

Random stuff: I've been to 9 different countries. I have five tattoos and a belly button ring. I love the X Files, and one of those tattoos is related to it. I hate science fiction otherwise. I love musicals and I used to watch wrestling. LOL

I've been watching soaps since I was eight. My main soap has always been AMC, but I have at one point or another in my life watched every one on the air. LOL

• Members

That sucks. It is so hard to find a job right now. I got lucky in that my job needs my position so bad that even when they made cuts i wasnt at all. Though i did give up one of my 5 days because of school.

What tattoos do you have? I just got my first one. Carpe Noctem on my arm.

• Members

^I have the X Files X, with the Chinese characters for Truth and Love in the top and bottom of the X; with the words Don't Give Up, across the center. And that's on my left ankle. I have a heart that his half the American flag and half the Union Jack on my left ankle. I have hearts on each hit, and a blue rose on my back.

They all hurt. The one on my back was the most painful, and the ones on my ankles hardly hurt at all. Careful though, when you got get one, they'll tell you after you're done, you'll be back. You'll say no, I only want one. And six months later, you'll get the itch for another one. LOL

I'm hoping for a potential job opportunity this week. Everyone cross their fingers. I literally need like 5 paychecks, to make it back to England. That's it.

• Members

I have one, Carpe Noctem on my upper left arm.

I have a few more, all have planned out and i wait years, lol. I want the hourglass from the Days opening down my right lower leg, with a banner blowing through it with my great grandmas name & dob/dod. All in shadding and b/w with her name in a greyish purple. And i want the las vegas strip wrapped around my other leg, because my brother had the 1960's strip there so he offered to get me either the 90's or today. then when my grandma dies i want to get a little cartoon owl with a halo because she collects owls.

• Members

Oooh. On the subject of tattoos. My BFF of 10 years just got her license...and she's gonna do this to me next week. It's the Elliott Smith "Figure 8" heart.

4747pw150.jpg

Only mine's gonna be all the way filled in and a little bigger. and on my chest. I also have a tiny little ladybug tattoo on my shoulder that I got last August.

• Members

My real name is Jessica, I'm 26. Like others I am living with my parents since last June. I student taught in the fall and graduated in December. So I'm looking for a teaching job and I'm actually hoping to live at home for a little longer cause I got massive loan debt from school. I started watching DAYS during the Carly buried alive story. I have watched all the current shows at one point or another besides B&B.

• Members

living at home is so smart to do, IMHO, when you have student debit or a car loan or any thing like that. rent is wasted money. id like to live on my own but i like that parents have me pay $300 a month they put in a savings for me so i have backup later in life. im so grateful for the parents i have.

• Members

I do find it funny when a couple of people on here have asked me in PMs what my name is... (Yes, it's Eric, though no Montreal... Or number which sadly isn't close to my age anymore).

WHat I often find surprising is people I just always assumed for whatever reason were guys turn out to be girls, and vice versa...

• Members

When marceline was joking about having a homegoing service for AMC I imagined a bunch of folks gathered around calling each other by their screen names and how odd that would sound to onlookers ("All My Shadows, would you pass me a napkin, please? Zendallfan, you want me to order you another drink?"). I don't think I could ever call Carl anything other than Carl. :lol: It's like old school soap fans calling actors by their characters' names.

Archived