I Hope This Is Allowed...Cause I'm sick of people calling me weareclouds....lol.

Ryan Chamberlain

• Members

Since this has been one of my favorite boards here lately. I'd like to get to know you guys a little better. Cause, alot of you I chat with I find totally awesome.

So. I just want you all to post your real names and some stuff about yourselves. I'll get it started cause I hate being called by my screen name. That's always bothered me even though I'm a message board pro. Haha.

I'm Selena. I'm 23, 24 in August. I was born and raised in the state of Kentucky and still live here. Even though my ambition is to move to Chicago one of these days. I used to work for Blackberry (RIM). Fixing the phones and also coming up with new features for the devices themselves...But. I've been laid off since Feb. 2010. I don't want to go back to that field of work either. As I love to write and I want to get a job in journalism.

I'm a music and TV junkie. I've been into soap operas since I was a child. I play piano and drums and am also taking up guitar. I like to write songs too. I love animals...and don't want kids. (Childfree..and happy that way) I like them. But, I just don't want them. I have nieces and nephews I adore though. I'm basically a very eccentric person.

Now. Whoever feels comfy talking about themselves. Feel free. I always feel so crazy calling someone by their SN though unless it's their real name. ^_^

*also hands out cookies and bean bag chairs* Get comfy peeps. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My name is Angela(people call me Angie). I'm 36, been watching soaps since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I'm an Ohio girl, born and bred, lived in Northern CA for a few years in the late 80's/early 90's. I'm also a classic movie fan, I love all things 80's LOL

• Members

Well, I'm Alex. 24. Gay as the day is long, and I live in Ottawa, Canada. I don't post a lot (mostly because I fear being shot down for not knowing anything :blush: ), but I'm always on here, reading and learning. I'm in college for TV Broadcasting, the goal being to write/produce eventually, I have this somewhat lofty goal to produce a bi-weekly 10-15 minute episode websoap. Been writing it for awhile, i'm excited to produce that.

Been watching soaps since I was a wee child. Really got into them when my mom got me hooked on GL at age 8. Been watching fairly obsessively on and off ever since. Enjoyed pretty much every soap at one point or another. Other than that, I'm super into music (my dream as a teenager was to be a dance singer, hahah). I tend to nerd out about things no one else cares about, you'll sometimes notice that when I DO post. I mean well though.

Yea that's pretty much it. HI Y'ALL.

• Members

I try not to be, but people on here did their homework. It's intimidating. hahaha.

It's funny, in my household I'd come home from school and the soaps were our family time. My mom, and grandmother and I would all gather around and catch up. We had two VCRs recording 7 soaps per day at one point, it was INSANE. I kinda miss it though. :lol:

@Selena: yea, it was GL, Days and AW for me. Eventually GH too. It changed a bit as I grew up but those were my four big ones. Thanks for the welcome. I'm always around, even if I don't talk much, haha. I'm apparently really good at journalism, but my heart's in the fiction writing/production. I wish the soap industry weren't dying, i'd kill to be a part of it in the 70s and 80s.

• Members

haha, I was blessed with a hardworking VCR, as well as a local station that had a five-soap block between 12:30 and 5. Nothing was more satisfying than Annie's comeuppance on GL and the Kristen/Susan reveal on DAYS. I miss those big story climaxes. They used to totally make the years of waiting worth it.

• Members

My name is Gehrig but most people call me Spencer (middle name) because it's easier to say ;-P. I'm 17, born & raised in Los Angeles. I want to get into film making and/or journalism when I finish school this summer. I had my first job last year at Subway but got fired in May because I made a friend a free sandwich. Ever since then I haven't had a job but I plan to look for one when I finish high school....LOL

I love to write (film scripts/plays) & do cross country

Been watching soaps since I was like 4 but didn't start watching faithfully until I was 10 (2003). I got straight into AMC, DAYS, & GH. Loved Y&R to but stopped watching in 2008. Occasionally OLTL. Just got into B&B last year and regret not watching it sooner. AMC is my fave soap and I could never imagine not watching it. Oh and everyone knows I'm a huge Alicia Minshew/Kendall Fanboy :wub:

• Members

Fired for giving a friend a free sandwich. Damn this recession. I'm seriously not kidding. That was just silly they did that. I mean...If anything they could have just given you a warning if they *really* felt like you deserved it. :(

Ha. I know what you mean about names. Sometimes I wanna give up and go by my middle name (Renee) because nobody ever gets the spelling of my first name right. They always spell it "Celena" "Celina" or "Salena"...Gosh darnit! It's spelled just like that dead singer's who JLO played in a movie. :lol:

Archived