Susan Lucci Broadway Interview

• Members

Thought this might interest some--hope it's ok to post here. (My personal bias--the interviewer is a renowned kiss ass--he interviewed Simon Cowell the other week who admitted to knowing nothing about Broadway and still praised him for recognizing a commercial hit even when Cowell said he found Sondheim boring and didn't like theatre much.... But I thought much of what Susan said was new, and pretty cute.

http://broadwayworld.com/article/BWW_EXCLUSIVE_Susan_Lucci_Talks_New_Book_Broadway_Hollywood_DWTS_More_20110329_page1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah that was a great read. I love her. :wub: Thanks for sharing.

Um, this part has me scratching my head:

What the hell has Erica NOT done? I'm not sure what I make of this, but if this is something that will get her a story outside of her men, I'm game...I think. Maybe. :unsure:

• Members

I hope it's not anything campy/ridiculous and I hope it allows her to show off her acting skills (emotionally). I'm having a hard time thinking what it could be as well. I guess we'll see, sounds like it'll start in May sweeps...

Thanks for posting that interview, Eric!

LOL I love it.

ETA:

I actually agree with her here for the most part. Kreizman & Swajeski do seem to know the characters and I think individually they are written well for (except for a few). They write character-driven S/L's, but they are heavy on plot-driven storys as well and most of the time are not very subtle about it. Oh and I love what Susan had to say about the cancellation rumors.

• Members

I know I'm known to defend K&S on here, but I agree partly. I think the plot points are the probs--but I like that AMC right now seems to be the only soap that is character based (out of the ones I watch). I find it amusing when fans of other shows state otherwise--I think lots of the probs are due to budget, EP and you-know-who, sadly. Which is why I don't really think, if the show lasts, a new HW change will have any positive effect.

Archived