OLTL: Discussion for the week of March 28

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Echo and Charlie are stomach turning. Viki walking in on at the end was surprising, but it's good that they are caught now.

Rex was angrier than I've ever seen before and Jack deserved to get roughed up a bit.

The Minuteman Motel is one dirty, smelly place, so much filth going on there.

I'll wager that Matthew didn't shoot Eddie, but Clint believes he did.

• Members

I would like that. Not only that Matthew is innocent, but I would like to believe that there isn't a twist down the line and Clint isn't actually throwing his adoring nephew under the bus. I've enjoyed villain Clint, but that would be an "enough already." Matthew can see his uncle for who he really is without going so far as having him pin a murder wrap on him.

• Members

Matthew has had such a small part in this story it's so hard to even care about whether he killed Eddie or not. I am trying to remember if Rachel had any more of a role in the Georgie story.

I don't know why they keep trying to give JPL and FF dramatic storylines.

• Members

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I think JPL is doing a much better job than I expected. He's very believable as Shane's father.

As for Farah Fath, she did a good job today too. Until her reaction when she read Shane's suicide note at the end, which was possibly as bad as Kourtney Kardashian's "acting" during her one time on OLTL this week.

I do think Austin Williams is doing a better job than FF and JPL. When your TV soap son is consistently a much better actor than you and is the one carrying the story...

I don't get the appeal of James. I hate him on principle anyway, since he's a Ford brother. But today proved that James is as sleazy as his older brother (I know, I know, "WHICH older brother?", ha). And Deanna is just as pathetic as he is. I'm ready for Jessica to come back for good, but I hope Tess has more scenes with Deanna and keeps treating her like [!@#$%^&*] on principle.

I don't even think we're supposed to hate Charlie for what he's doing to Viki. The show seems to be actively promoting Charlie and Echo.

• Members

I was talking about JPL (but other than his scenes with Shane/AW, nothing about JPL is believable), not Rex, although I do think Rex is believable as his father too. Shane was influenced by Rex, but Rex yelled at him every time he disrespected his mother or called her a whore. I really do give a good part of the blame on that level to Shane. I think he's old enough. But we'll agree to disagree. The only real reason I can't buy Rex or Gigi as Shane's parents is because they both lack common sense. I can't believe it took them this long to figure out what their son is going through. Well, actually I can since this isn't the first time they've both been this stupid as parents, but it was just ridiculous. It's made worse by how JPL and Farah Fath portray Rex and Gigi as vapid twits.

As for Jack, for all the talk of Blair being a good mother, she and Todd have both used their own children against each other time and time again. Granted Todd deserved it, but Blair certainly does love some petty revenge. It goes back to when the show was trying to point out that Todd and Blair are just like each other in so many ways and that they're meant for each other. I can't speak for anyone else, but I think it's one, of many reasons, why so many people still see them as a supercouple. Todd has been being whitewashed for years, but with Jack's story, it really feels like the writers want us to think Jack is this way because of who his mother AND father are. Jack's idiot friend even told him that he would be making Todd so proud if he posted that video on "Myface" or whatever they're calling it.

Archived