Article: The 15 Most Memorable Female Soap Opera Characters Ever

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

she may be memorable but enough to be THE Most memorable of all time. Thats just ridiculous and screams of fanboyism from article writer. Besides I dont think this is about the actor's acting abilities bc Susan Lucci isnt all that impressive, but there is no doub that Erica is the most well known female soap character. Her name and face has recognition well beyond the soap fans. She's an icon. Lesly Webber? She's an obscure character who was popular in the 70s and early 80s but has barely been a blip on the radar since. Theres no way that I think she is as memorable as Erica Kane is today. Maybe had this been posed back in the 80s, the answer would be different, but now in 2011? I dont think so

• Members

I always found Lesley to be one of the most interesting characters in daytime. And part of that was due to the brilliance of Denise Alexander. While I love me some Erica Kane, she has been doing much of the same throughout time...I always felt like Lesley was ever-evolving and changing, whereas Erica is more set in her ways.

• Members

Yeah, exactly. Laura, I could take being #1 (still WTFery, though). But she's not even on the list...and Lesley is? That's like putting AMC's Donna on the list instead of Erica. Yeah, she's cool and all and was great in her heyday, but one of the top 15 most memorable female characters in all of soap history? Come on, now.

• Members

Yep. The fact is, most likely, if Luke and Laura had never happened, Laura would have been gone in just a few years. She wasn't all that interesting by herself.

She was great with Luke, which turned her into a mother...Another great role for her. But still, all of her significance comes from a pairing, not from her character.

Archived