Article: The 15 Most Memorable Female Soap Opera Characters Ever

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've heard of Stacey, but didn't realize how popular she was. Yeah, I loved Carol too, but for some reason she doesn't make as much as an impression as the other female characters, maybe because she's not as colorful, or maybe because she always seemed to be a supporting character. I also f-loved the very fierce Irene Hills, but she wasn't on the show long enough to merit making the list.

• Members

I'd love to see some early EastEnders. I've seen snippets here and there on youtube. I started watching here in the US in 1990, at which point, hard to believe, they were just a few months behind the UK airings. This was just after Den and Angie had left, and just before Todd Carty and the Mitchells came onto the show. I fell in love with the show. I became addicted to the Simon-Sharon-Ian-Cindy quad, and loved the Butchers, Beales, Fowlers, and of course Dot and Ethel. It had such a real, gritty feel to it, with just enough romantic fantasy. It was nothing like an American soap.

• Members

General Hospital

Audrey Hardy

Jessie Brewer

Lesley Webber

Laura Spencer

Bobbie Spencer

Monica Quartermaine

Lila Quartermaine

Felicia Scorpio

Lucy Coe

Anna Devane

Robin Scorpio

Brenda Barrett

Alexis Davis

Carly Corinthos

Lois Cerullo

• Members

Anyone but Mel. Ugh. I liked Steve Owen, but Mel got on my last nerve.

I actually don't object much to Tiffany Raymond appearing on your list. She was probably to the show in the late 90's what Kat was to the early 00's, and what Stacey was to the late 00's. Actually, all three of those characters were created by Tony Jordan...

Tiffany was brought on as Bianca and Natalie's friend, but some would argue that she actually became more popular than Bianca towards the end of the 90's thanks to her involvement with Grant and the Mitchell's.

Grant/Tiffany wasn't as popular as Grant/Sharon, but they were very popular around that time, and Tiffany's death has left an impact in the long-run, with many debating to this day if it was the right or wrong decision.

I'd add Stacey to your list as well, but I see you're only familiar with the PBS episodes.

Archived