Brenda Dickson's divorce trial heats up in a MAJOR way

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is a very interesting development for Brenda Dickson. Essentially, the case has turned around, completely, for her.

So she's had cash decreed to her, an alimony order and it seems like more cash on the way.

She must be thanking her lucky stars that she bought her mother a condo in Century City ages ago, the very same condo she now calls home.

Good for her, I hope she has her life together.

• Members

No, that wouldn't work for him because she'd become his biggest creditor and seize all his assets. He still has that Hawaiian mansion of theirs. If he did declare bankruptcy it still wouldn't get him out of alimony, for the long term, she'd garnish all his wages.

• Members

Thanks. I just wondered because of the part about him saying the publicity had ruined his business.

I have to admit I never really thought that this would happen - I guess reading her blog/website, she made it seem like such a conspiracy against her. I hope she does get the money she is owed as it seems like she spent quite a few years helping him. Then I hope she might be able to get herself together and find some decent acting roles - it might give B&B a small boost to have her on briefly or in a recurring role.

• Members

I think Brenda and Bill Bell made peace, but I guess, given the B&B set is reportedly harmonious, it would be an odd mix. But I think having her on for a day or two might be a change of pace - just have her as a fashion designer or a reporter or crazy rich lady buyer - and might bring a small boost.

• Members

I think Brenda has ZERO pulling power. ZERO influence on daytime viewers. She hasn't worked since 1987. 24 years.

Morgan Fairchild made a comment, years ago, that it's important to 'click' with each decade's youth in some way. In the 70s, she did SFT, 80s it was the primetime soaps, 90s it was sitcoms, 00s it was Old Navy ads, we'll see how she defines 10s.

That's the problem, career wise, for Brenda. She is only relevant as a trainwreck throwback, a Hollywood caricature.

All that said, I'm glad her divorce is turning around, all she was looking for was an equitable settlement which is what she deserved. At this point, she did jail time unjustly, she's had her life destroyed. She deserves an equitable settlement and a bit of blood too.

• Members

I agree she won't be any type of big draw, but B&B and Y&R have both brought in people who have little to no pulling power (look, it's that guy who was on The Practice ten years ago! It's Hal Linden, whose only real show ended in Reagan's first term!) and yet hyped this as a big deal.

I think that the whole story of the Brenda/Bell feud ending in a cameo appearance, speculation on what might happen backstage, some silly campy fashion show moments, might bring in a few curious viewers who followed her personal dramas as well as the viewers who remember her from Y&R. She was in what many consider a golden period for Y&R and even if she has changed a lot and her last years weren't the best, it might work as a nostalgia factor and a way to bring back fans who have moved on.

Archived