1988 strike - what were these killed stories?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LeClerc, I think it was Natalie's anwering machine that got tripped and recorded what went down at Natalie's apartment. That part I don't remember seeing myself but I think that's what I picked up the last time we were talking about this.

Yes, Silver did haunt Natalie, but a real ghost/Natalie's conscience, not a Jem and The Holograms type thing with Goldie. :lol:

I still don't know what came of Goldie, the last I remember was the haunting stuff, not sure if she went to jail, fled, or died for real.

• Members

Yes, it was recorded on Nat's answering machine!

Silver was stalking Nat whilst dressed like a man (to freak her out after the rape), and I think she went after Nat with a pair of scissors. Any of that sound familiar? I just really remember the toy chest, and Natalie getting freaked when anyone came over.

• Members

Just found the article

March 21st 89

DOOL's Gay Plans

Dool's exec producer,Al Rabin,reveals that his show has been actively pursuing the idea of introducing a recurring character who is openly gay.

"We were discussing the possibility early last year", says Rabin."One option was to make the character of Alan(now gone)come out as being gay.There were also storylines introducing a new gay character being tossed around. We had several meetings with the members of the gay community and their response was favorable."

Then,the writers strike hit. Rabin explains,"I felt the replacement writers were not capable of handling this kind of story. After the strike ended,we found ourselves in the middle of changing our writing staff. Doing a gay storyline is not somethhing we're ruling out.It's just that,for the time being,the writer's situation has done the idea in."

But that doesn't mean the brainstorming did not result in some ideads of how a Days plot might evolve."If we do a gay story,one of the most important things would be not to make this person an island. Other characters would have to be around to understand the gay situation. Any gay storyline would have to be treated in a realistic way. Not negative or positive but just the way it is. The bottom line would be to tell thhe whole story or the whole idea would fall flat very quickly. a well rounded gay story would be very successful andas far as days is concerned,it could still happen."

• Members

Alan Brand was played by Brian Lane Green, a Tony nominated actor. He was on the show from December 1, 1987 - June 22, 1988. He was also on Another World and All My Children. Here's a picture ...

brian.gif

Also, here's a link to a message board thread that has some weekly synopses. Start with post #1076. It seems he was mostly used by Eve to try and break up Jennifer and Frankie.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8234100/54/?x=20

• Members

I remember him from AW. He was the last Sam Fowler.

He came out several years ago, so I'd love to hear what he thought of the plans to have Alan as gay, or if he knew about them.

Do you remember him on DAYS?

• Members

Here are some summaries from 88 during the writers strike

ATWT

John and Lucinda are at odds.He wants her to apologize to Barbara for stealing her designs, but she refuses. John gets late night sympathy from Susan,who invites him to stay the night.He declines and returns home to sleep in the guest room.He accuses Lucinda of being jealous of Susan-she counters he's jealous of Kirk.Lucinda asks Pam to plan a lot of family events to keep John around.

Emily ends her affair with Tonio now that Meg is expecting.Meg is faking it but Lyla IS pregnant.Casey is ecstatic and Craig less so.Craig has proof that Kirk isn't a crook,but what is he after?

He tells Iva she's not married because her brothers are too protective.Kirk doesn't understand the fuss over the design he stole from Barbara. In NY,it happens all the time.

Hank helps Barbara finish a design to replace the stolen one.Hal isn't threatened seeing Hank and Barbara embrace.Hank takes a call for Barbara Stenbeck.the voice was muffled.but sounded familiar to Hank.

Caleb decides to stick around,despite mysterious phone calls. He likes Lily,but holden isn't thrilled to have around.

Holden hands over the Visconti Leather and Barbara Ryan accounts to Craig.He thinks instead he'll get back to his roots and help Seth run the farm.Lily couldn't be happier.Seth is looking forward to the publication of his first novel 'Sabrina'.

Caleb tells Ellie he had to leave Chicago in a hurry.His girlfriend calls and he warns her not to call agaiin.

Susan tells Emily she seems to hook up with guys who will leave her.Meg overhears Tonio telling Emily they can continue seeing each other even though Meg is pregnant.Meg leaves the AIDS benefit and ends up in bed with cousin Rod.

Rod/Josh is beginning to fall for Meg,especially when he sees Betsy with Seth.

Holden and Rod get into a fight which Meg breaks up.Rod overhears Holden apologize to Meg for upsetting her when she's pregnant.

Rod thinks the child must be his.

Meg and Tonio have an auto accident.John overhears Meg murmur that Tonio's affair with Emily means nothing.Holden tries to block Rod from seeing her,but Meg cries out for him.Tonio catches them in a tender kiss.Dr Samuels tells Meg that if she's not pregnant,Tonio should have a fertlity test.

Lucinda finally realises the depth of John's anger towards her and promises to be as good as Iva is towards Lily.However,she entertains ideas of getting her hands on the Snyder farm for development.Maybe greedy Caleb is the key-but he'd better stay away from Lily.

Holden is jealous of Caleb and Lily's friendship.

Rod tells Betsy they're drifting apart.Betsy tells Meg that Rod's seeing someone else.Meg still wants Tonio.Dr Samuels gets Meg's results-she is pregnant.

Y&R

Jessica tries to leave town,but collapses at the airport.Rushed to hospital,the diagnosis is pneumonia.After Danny's concert,Cricket has trouble contacting her mother,so she calls John.They discover Jessica has gone,leaving behind her engagement ring and a note saying she doesn't deserve John.

John hires Paul,who tracks Jessica to the hospital.

Scott discovers Jessica's illness is AIDS related and changes the treatment.Coming out of her coma,Jessica discovers Scott knows she has AIDS and begs Scott not to let John or Cricket know.

Jill sees Marc's bathing suit ad for Fenmore's and suggests that he could be Jabot's leading male model.Jack agrees and suggests signing Marc to an exclusive contract.Jill tells JoAnna to persude Marc to sign...or else.

Lauren asks her mother to get Marc to sign an exclusive contract with Fenmore's.JoAnna is in a bind-loyalty to her job or her daughter.

Leanna needs more personal info on Victor for her book,so she goes to Nikki who blabs that when she thought she was dying,Ashley got pregnant,had an abortion and ended up in a mental hospital.

Leanna is thrilled with these juicy tidbits.

Jack tells Leanna he has a publisher interested in going to press in 2 weeks.

Paul is hired by George Rawlins to stop employee theft.Nathan goes undercover in the shipping department and is approached to make extra money.

Mary wants to know more about Cassandra and issues a dinner invite.All goes well but Mary is still cocerned that Paul doesn't know Cassandra that well.

Nina is pleased when Philip brings her a baby buggy.Nina demands money and to eat meals with everyone else.

Kay is furious to find Nina at the table that night but Rex convinces her to let Nina stay

Nina gives Philip a triptych of the 3 generations of Philip Chancellors as a birthday gift.Phillip is touched and invites her to bring the baby to Jill's birthday dinner.

John tells Jessica to forget the past and plan for the future.

Leanna pumps Nikki for more dirt-her only problem is that she must hide this chapter from Jack.

Victor asks Leanna to write his authorised biograph,having no idea the woman is writing a hatchet job.

Nikki can't hide her pregnancy much longer so tells Victor,who claims it must be another man's.Nikki insists that's not the case but Victor says it changes nothing between them.

AMC

Jeremy is convinced Silver didn't die in a car crash.Erica is determined to link Natalie to Silver's death,despite Travis' pleas.She breaks into Natalie's apartment but is arrested.Jackson comes to her aid and Erica tells him that she found Silver's necklace under the couch.

Palmer doesn't press charges.

Stuart and Cindy return from their honeymoon and learn Ross has been paroled.Brooke and Adam are ready to start a family.However, Cindy has to be checked into the hospital.

Skye overhears Tom tell Brooke he loves the woman he's involved with.Laura is delighted to see her stepmother awake and mobile,but Skye swears her to secrecy.

Jackson enlists Adam's help to destroy Travis by beefing up the expenses on Erica's movie.

Jessie is shot after knocking Remington out of the way from an assasin's bullet.He's rushed to hospital but dies despite Cliff's best efforts.

In Pigeon Hollow,Wiil and Dixie consider tracking down cousin Pete aka Palmer.

Julie is furious with Mark for working on Erica's movie and it's effect on her and her mother.Mark pulls out,angering Erica.

Nico is worried that Remy,his new investor in his club,has ties to organized crime.

Adam double crosses Jack by buying one of Travis' companies.Travis works frantically to save himself from financial ruin.

B&B

Ridge crawls into a tipsy Caroline's bed as a joke and,thinking it's Thorne, they fool around.When she realises what happened she decides to leave the Forrester mansion but Stephanie persuades her to stay.

Storm tells Brooke to back off from Ridge but she hopes that his continual interest,despite the fact they have yet to sleep together, is a good sign.Brooke does tire of chasing Ridge and his pre-occupation with Caroline and hangs up on him.

Donna does a nude photo shoot.She is captivated by Nick but Rocco is suspicious of him and qustions him as to his intentions.

Mother Logan is ecstatic to learn Steven is alive.

Bill asks Margo to keep Ridge occupied but she refuses due to her involvement with Clarke,who pressures Kristen to elope.

Stephanie,Bill and Thorne all notice a change in Caroline's behavior.

Ridge tells Caroline he accepts she is now Thorne's wife.

Eric is puzzled by stephanie's secret weekly appointments and vows to learn the truth.

Brooke is stunned to learn what Donna is up to and Bill is wowed by Donna's photos.

OLTL

Mari Lynn wants to consummate her marriage.Wade is gentle but all Mari Lynn can think of is Griffin's brutality.

To save Cassie,Rob makes a deal with Henry.In exchange for the money to pay Cassie's ransom, he'll stay engaged to Joanna

Joanna is concerned that Rob is interested in Cassie, while Cassie is threatened by Joanna.The two have it out and Cassie learns the truth,She goes to Rob, who admits he'll have to marry Joanna.

Brenda,Steve's nurse, is falling for him.She reads to him from his diary, where he declares his love for Gabrielle.

Cord is disguted to find Tina and 'Bo' in a clinch.Tina denies an affair.

'Bo' tells Elizabeth and Henry everything is going to plan.He has a doctor plying Asa with drugs to worsen his condition.

In the dungeon, the real Bo makes a deal to see Didi and they are re-united.

Melinda acts out fantasies to keep Jon interested.

Cassie sobs as she sees Rob and Joanna exchange vows.

Gabrielle hasn't made any progress with Max, despite the fact they're living together.She's dying to know the identuty of tina's mystery lover ut Tina won't say.

Meanwhile,'Bo' angers Clint by selling off one of Asa's companies. Asa sides with Clint and 'Bo' is forced to back down.

Bo and Didi escape and seek refuge in a cottage.Bo calls Asa but the fake Bo answers and alerts Henry.Bo and Didi are tracked down and told "Surrender or she dies"Bo is stunned to see Delilah dragged out.

• Members

Thanks for posting this. I wonder if they initially planned to tie Hank to the Stenbecks, as I don't know why he would recognize James' voice.

I've seen the clip where Caleb is angry on the phone, and it seems odd to me, as I don't think Angel would have called. I wonder if that was changed.

Archived