1988 strike - what were these killed stories?

• Members

Thanks for confirming that at least some of that was strike - I guess the bit with Palmer helping Natalie bury Silver would have made sense as a strike plot because they could drag it out.

Was there anything suddenly dropped after the strike?

Since you know so much about AMC do you know if there was anything changed in the 1981 strike?

Does anyone know about this gay character on DAYS? I don't even think they were the first (the Duval woman was bi, although that story was dropped and unpopular), but still, I'm surprised DAYS was considering the idea again.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IIRC, Goldie had Damon hypnotize Silver to kill Erica. This was still the first Silver with the dark hair, Rosalind Ingledew Allen. We didn't know she was Silver at first, her name was Noelle and she was dating Jeremy. I just remember her waking up in the middle of the night and sleepwalking with her eyes wide open and I think Jeremy stopped her from hurting herself. This was part of Lazarre's programming. I don't remember exactly why Goldie wanted Erica dead but I'm sure it had something to do with money.

• Members

Ages ago,I posted an interview with AL Rabin (Days exec producer) regarding gay character and he said it was something Days was considering.I may be imagining things,bit I think he said with the strike going on,a lot of stuff was in disarray and it wasn't the time to commit to such a storyline,but it was something they would come back to.I'll see if i can locate it.

• Members

That's interesting Days was considering a gay character there for the '88 strike especially when the show was pretty busy that year between going to #1 one last time for Steve and Kayla's wedding, Stefano coming back to terrorize Roman and Diana, and Shane having an evil twin brother. Yeesh I don't see where that type of story would have fit in at all.

It's been mentioned before and quite recently but I wonder what Marland had planned for Craig and Sierra given he was quite upset over what occurred during the strike.

• Members

I wonder about that too, since they must have followed most of his story outlines (it says Story by Doug Marland in the strike credits). Finn had left the show by her own choice, hadn't she? In the weeks before Sierra's "death" she was just mentioned by phone call. I wonder if he planned to have Sierra and Craig split, or have her offcamera and Craig in Oakdale for a while.

Perhaps he thought that it was way too much trauma for fans to have Craig missing/presumed dead for a year, then the same happens with Sierra.

I wonder if it was Marland who had Lyla pregnant (of course that was based on Anne Sward's pregnancy) and who had Lucinda steal Barbara's business. Barbara and Lucinda had been fairly close until then. I guess he might have planned that though.

• Members

That's Silver #2 in that clip, claire beckman. She actually kind of looks like Susan when she tosses her hair at :15.

i was disappointed that Erica's sister was dead, as i am disappointed that Eric is dead and Goldie is ? I wish we had more with Erica's relatives who are not her children and children's children.

Yes PC, when she was accidentally killed in Natalie's apartment, Natalie kept her stuffed in Timmy's toy chest where Palmer found her and looked up giving Natalie a great deadpan. Of course the scene should have been like, "Jeezuz Chriced, did a cow [!@#$%^&*] in here? What's that smell??" That's when he dumped her in his pond and a hysterical Dixie found her while swimming because she "always keeps her eyes open for snakes."

• Members

I will never forget that. I was in the hospital getting my tonsils out and here was this deal that Natalie had killed Silver during a struggle and hid the body in the toy chest. Then after she did it, Palmer showed up and Natalie was all like "PALMER!?".

I like the actress playing Silver, she's very striking. Looks a bit like Meryl Streep.

Erik

• Members

Well, my favorite "Silver" wasn't even Silver at all.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fmODUVkaf08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZCZ1PRHnPaA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived