Your favorite soap characters of all time

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I never liked Echo. Not when I was a kid, and not now (that they've made her Rex's latest-but-won't-be-last mom).

She was the one thing that is sorely missing from soaps today: a hard-working, no-nonsense, Black matriarch. Miss her, Carla and Ed dearly.

• Members

Oh. I thought you crossed her off to mean you were once a fan.

I really liked Gabrielle and Delilah too - although for various reasons they weren't on my list (Gabrielle because of her botched return, Delilah because I haven't seen most of her run). I think I would have liked Didi O'Neill too.

• Members

Okay, I lied. These are my last lists, lol. But they're much, much shorter.

THE EDGE OF NIGHT: Raven Alexander Whitney (Sharon Gabet), April Cavanaugh (Terry Davis), Denise Cavanaugh (Holland Taylor), Dr. Miles Cavanaugh (Joel Crothers), Eliot Dorn (Lee Godart), Preacher Emerson (Charles Flohe), Margo Huntington (Ann Williams), Paige Madison (Margaret Colin), Mike Karr (Forrest Compton), Nancy Karr (Ann Flood), Deborah Saxon (Frances Fisher), Draper Scott (Tony Craig), Jody Travis (Lori Laughlin), Geraldine Whitney (Lois Kibbee) and Skye Whitney (Larkin Malloy)

RYAN'S HOPE: Dr. Seneca Beaulac (John Gabriel), Dr. Faith Coleridge (as played by Catherine Hicks and Karen Morris-Gowdy), Jillian Coleridge (Nancy Addison), Roger Coleridge (Ron Hale), Jack Fenelli (Michael Levin), Charlotte Greer (Judith Chapman), Kimberley Harris (Kelli Maroney), Ina MacCurtain (Kathleen Widdoes), Joe Novak (Roscoe Born), Delia Reid Ryan (as played by Randall Edwards and Ilene Kristen), Frank Ryan (as played by Daniel Hugh Kelly, Geoff Pierson, Andrew Robinson and John Sanderford) Johnny Ryan (Bernard Barrow), Mary Ryan Fenelli (Kate Mulgrew), Maeve Ryan (Helen Gallagher), Dr. Patrick Ryan (as played by Malcolm Groome), Siobhan Ryan Novak (as played by Sarah Felder and Marg Helgenberger), Maggie Shelby (Cali Timmins), and Rae Woodard (Louise Shaffer)

• Members

Any such list has to start with Iris Carrington (the incomparable Beverlee McKinsey), my first and best-loved soap character.

ANOTHER WORLD (continued): Ada Hobson, Liz Matthews, Mac Cory, Lenore Delaney, Sharlene Frame, John Hudson, Olive Gordon, Michael Randolph (Lionel Johnston)

AS THE WORLD TURNS: Susan Stewart, Barbara Ryan, Andy Dixon, Lisa Grimaldi, Emma Snyder, Hal Munson, Connor Walsh, Holden Snyder, Nancy Hughes

THE EDGE OF NIGHT: Denise Cavanaugh, Nicole Drake (Maeve McGuire only, please), Geraldine Whitney, Serena Faraday, Miles Cavanaugh, Margo Huntington, Nancy Karr, Kelly McGrath

GUIDING LIGHT; Holly Reade, Vanessa Chamberlain, Ed Bauer, Barbara Norris, Henry Chamberlain, Sara McIntyre, Lillian Raines, Alexandra Spaulding (Beverlee only), Josh Lewis

EASTENDERS: Dot Cotton, Pat Evans, Kathy Beale, Gianni DiMarco

ONE LIFE TO LIVE: David Vickers, Blair Cramer, Larry Wolek, Naomi Vernon, Kevin Buchanan (Dan Gauthier), Bo Buchanan

DAYS OF OUR LIVES: Julie Williams, Maggie Horton, Mike Horton (Wesley Eure or Michael T. Weiss), Don Craig

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS: Katherine Chancellor, Liz Foster, Paul Williams, Stuart Brooks

RYAN'S HOPE: Rae Woodard, Roger Coleridge, Pat Ryan (Malcolm Groome)

SEARCH FOR TOMORROW: Joanne Barron Gardner Tate Vincente Tourneur, Stephanie Collins, Jennifer Phillips, Stu Bergman

LOVE OF LIFE: Meg Dale Harper Hart, Diana Lamont, Arlene Lovett

THE DOCTORS: Ann Larimer, Paul Summers, Mona Croft, Maggie Powers, Doreen Aldrich

DARK SHADOWS: Roger Collins, Elizabeth Stoddard, Nathan Forbes, Charity Trask, Gabriel Collins, Abigail Collins

• Members

I listed my AMC favorites in another post. By the time I started watching AMC many of the best characters were moving on or were watered down so I didn't have the same reaction as I did with some other shows, and I haven't had a chance to watch as much of their early episodes on Youtube yet because I've been watching a few other soaps.

For AMC it would be Myrtle, Marian, Stuart/Adam, probably Phoebe, Erica, Opal, and others.

• Members

I have many favorites, but these are just one or two from a few of the shows.

ATWT: Hal Munson, Dusty Donovan

AW: Mac and Rachel Corey, Felicia Gallant

Days: Shane Donovan, Roman Brady (when Wayne Northrop played him)

OLTL: Clint Buchanan, Asa Buchanan, Karen Wolek

PC: Lucy Herring, Rafe Kovich, Matt Harmon, Chris Ramsey (I really loved PC and I enjoyed almost all of the characters on it.)

Y&R: Katherine Chancellor, Jill Abbot, Nick Newman (yeah I know it's unpopular, but I loved him and for a long time he was the only reason I watched. Now even he isn't enough.)

• Members

OLTL:

Carlo, Alex, Megan, Cassie (Laura Bonarrigo), Marty (Susan Haskell), Kevin (Kevin Stapleton), Patrick, Mel, Dorian

DAYS:

Nick, Eve, Kim, Shane, Alice, Jack (Matthew Ashford), Jennifer

SB:

Eden, Cruz, Kelly (Robin Wright), Mason

AMC:

Erica, Adam/Stuart, Gloria, Joe, Tad, Dixie, JR, Kendall (Sarah Michelle Gellar), Opal

Archived