Dancing with the Stars: Season 12

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Kym so I'm happy for her. The rest I didn't care about. I think the more interesting people left earlier this season. It was nice to see them.

Chelsea and Mark must have been really low in viewer votes to get third, since the show made sure she had higher scores than Kirstie last night. Mark needs to get over himself.

Did anyone else think Maks was saying this was his last season?

• Members

Lackluster season overall.

I agree with y'all --- Mark has become way too competitive and is not fun anymore. He takes this way too seriously, but acts like a child when he gets negative reviews. I was turned off by him this year. Also, their freestyle was not exciting to me at all. Very disappointed.

Is Kym cross-eyed? I noticed it on Monday's show when they were dancing.

Surprisingly, this was the most watched Dancing season I hear... crazy huh?

• Members

According to ABC, this was the most watched DWTS season ever. Definitely strange because the cast was pretty lackluster.

"DWTS Results Show" (9:00-11:00 p.m.)

In its 12th-season finale from 9:00-11:00 p.m., ABC's "Dancing with the Stars Results Show" produced season-high numbers on the night in both Total Viewers (21.0 million) and Adults 18-49 (4.5/11). The "Dancing" finale dominated all 4 of its half-hours in Total Viewers to stand as the most-watched TV program of the night, topping the Tuesday finale of "American Idol" by 1.0 million viewers (21.0 million vs. 20.0 million from 8:00-9:00 p.m.). In fact, ABC's "DWTS Results Show" outdrew Fox's Tuesday "Idol" finale for the first time, becoming the first-ever TV program to accomplish the feat. Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward won the coveted Mirror Ball trophy.

* Soaring to a decisive victory in its second hour from 10:00-11:00 p.m., "DWTS Results Show" towered over runner-up NBC's "The Voice" by 13.5 million viewers (22.0 million vs. 8.5 million) and by 26% in Adults 18-49 (4.8/12 vs. 3.8/9).

* "DWTS the Results" jumped by double-digit percentages over its year-ago Tuesday finale (on 5/26/10), building 14% in Total Viewers (21.0 million vs. 18.4 million) and 15% in Adults 18-49 (4.5/11 vs. 3.9/11). In fact, "DWTS Results Show" attracted its 2nd-largest crowd ever for a spring closer.

* On average ("DWTS" and "DWTS Results Show" combined), Season 12 of "Dancing" built over Season 11 in Total Viewers (+3% - 21.0 million vs. 20.4 million) and in Adults 18-49 (+2% - 4.5/12 vs. 4.4/11), producing as the franchise's most-watched-ever season overall.

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if Hines was a big reason why. I know a lot of people who only tuned in because a Steeler was in. That and there were no politicians or annoying wastes of skin like Kate Gosselin.

It's a shame the show pissed so much potential away by blatantly rigging things and sucking all the fun and entertainment out of the show. The judges have become unwatchable. I skip anything they say now. I used to really like most of them.

Apparently Mark has become so bitter that he even told Chelsea she couldn't cheer for Kirstie and Maks. I hope that's not true but that's what people were saying after one of their moments together in the finale.

• 2 months later...

Archived