When was each soap's first catfight ?

• Members

I don't believe there has been a topic on here before, but for those who know, when did each soap have their first ever girl fight? The only one i really know is Passions with Faith and Tabitha back in 1999, but when did the other soaps start doing their catfights and who was involved?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmmm...the first one I recall on One Life To Live was between Karen Wolek and Dorian Lord in 1979. Dorian was attempting to remove Larry Wolek from the position of Chief Of Staff at Llanview Hospital. Armed with a screw driver, she was removing Larry's name plate from his office door when Karen cam upon her .

What ensued was most unbecoming for both ladies as they tussled on the floor with each other. :P

• Members

I would guess that the first on GL was the Nola/Vanessa catfight and dress-ripping in 1983. Before then I can't think of two ladies on the show who would have ever done that, as GL in the 70s and early 80s generally had much more enervated and quiet women.

• Members

I don't know if it was a Dynasty type brawl but when Susan was sleeping with John when he was separated from Lucinda, they got into an altercation which resulted in Lucinda knocking her off a stool or something, and that's how she became addicted to painkillers.

• Members

The first Sunset Beach catfight was between Annie and Meg in Bette's apartment in '97, and the second one I remember was once again Annie and Meg in '99 in Surf Central. I don't know why, but I can't remember any other ones.

• Members

On DAYS, I know of Liz/Maggie's and Liz/Marie's, but I find it hard to believe Julie didn't ruffle someone's feathers enough to get someone slap happy. I think the Julie/Susan rivalry ended too soon though. Maybe Julie/Brooke? Or Mary Anderson and someone else is a possibility as well.

Archived