OLTL and SOAPNET

• Members

Does anyone know which classic episodes of OLTL were aired in SOAPNET? The only one I know is Asa and Sam's wedding in May 1981....And does anyone know if OLTL aired the first years 1968-69 in colour???And does ABC have all the episodes or it only has from 1979 until now???Thanks for your answers!!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL like AMC was in color from day one, but for those of us who weren't around back then this can be a little confusing as we've seen black and white kinescoped footage. AMC and OLTL no longer exist in their entirety as tapes were reused and I believe lost in a fire (someone verify?). The earliest non-kinescope OLTL episode I've ever seen was from '68/'69 at the Museum of TV and Radio, now the Paley Center. When OLTL celebrated its 40th anniversary, glimpses of this episode were seen in interviews (Gillian Spencer as Viki at the hospital).

• Members

I wanna see that episode :(

I hear different things, but I think what was lost in the fire were kinescopes of many of the episodes that someone (Agnes? the actors?) were keeping, not video tape... When AMC went to an hour which Agnes Nixon was against one concession was ABC agreed to start saving all their soap episodes on video...

Archived