AMC: Cameron Mathison and Rebecca Budig to guest star on "Castle"

• Members

They don't fit the demo Castle appeals to. Lawd knows I hate Rylee but Budig/Mathison fit the shows target demo. Of course I would've preferred Stephanie Gatchet, Cornelius Smith Jr. and Daniel Cosgrove.

(Of course a Dan Gauthier guest appearance sometime in the future would be perfect.)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

I posted full details on the characters the actors will be playing in the episode on SON.com. Also, yes there will be Corbin Bernsen (Y&R) and Jane Seymour in the episode as well. It looks like other publications including SOD glazed over actual details about the episode.

• Members

I do wonder exactly what demo this is for. Fillion is light and fun, whereas Budig and Mathison are generally miserable onscreen and have been ever since they started draining the life out of the characters somewhere around 2001 or so. I guess they will be playing other characters and Mathison does project a "fun" image when he's being himself, so who knows. If it turns out to just be a bad parody of soap actors then maybe they were better off not finding others anyway.

• Members

Robin Strasser was reunited with Susan Sullivan on Dharma & Greg, I would really love to see her on this show too (and yes, at the moment all I can come up with is mom's old friend who took Castle's virginity back in his teens). Meanwhile, let me stop pretending like I even watch this show. But I would watch for Robin! I've caught bits and pieces and it is entertaining, just haven't made it scheduled viewing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It's a cute show--I've caught a few episodes and when they're lighter it works well, when they try for something more serious or darker (I saw some of the recent bomb episode) it doesn't work. It reminds me a lot of 80s programming in that style--not essential viewing, but it's nice to have a lighter murder mystery show when we have so many CSIs, Criminal Minds, etc

I don't quite get the upset about this episode though. They prob wanted a young, fairly modern "soap star" cliche looking male and female for the episode (otherwise wouldn't they have asked Lucci ;)? ) So Strasser and Slezak didn't stand a chance. if they had flown someone in from OLTL it prob would have been Rex and Aubrey... Not really an improvement either way IMHO.

Honestly I'm just shocked that they're not using Sonny and Brenda... Maybe the thought is that, since Castle airs right after Dancing with the Stars and that brief Skating witht eh Stars thing, and seems to attract the same middle aged female audience DWTS does, that Camerona nd Rebecca are already recognizable to them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I find it hilarious that they suspect a crazed fan of killing off the headwriter to the soap. Not that Id want this to happen, but could you imagine something like this going down in real life especialyl with how heated soap fans get at the writers? LOL

Archived