AMC: Interview w/ Laura Allen (ex-Laura Kirk)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha! She still keeps close to the actress who played Nurse Zora!

"Next she was popping ecstasy pills and sick in bed with a heart condition and accidentally married to a man who didn’t love her. Laura wasn’t a very sympathetic character. And then she went crazy on her meds. Fans had a hard time following the ride, I think. I have a few fans who –bless their hearts -- follow me still, but for the most part I think Laura was misunderstood and mismatched by the time she ended up in the insane asylum…!"

Love it--ahh the good old Jean Passanante era.

• Members

It was the writing--as she so decently puts it, there was a lot there that would test any actress. There was also the issue that she was utterly different from Laura number one, but that's not her fault. (Number one seemed, oddly, like a cliched butch lesbian, and number 2 like a cliched lipstick lesbian...)

• Members

This is kinda special for me because it was Laura #2's storyline that really, really got me into AMC back in June 2001. My eye was caught by David and JR, but it was the Laura/Leo story that kept me tuning in. I was 11, people. Leave me alone.

But she's so very nice and gracious in this interview. LOL to her still hanging out with Nurse Zora! I loved me some Zora.

Laura/Bianca should have happened, and shame on them for never going there. Can you imagine Erica and Brooke planning a wedding?! BAH! It could still happen, if Jamie ever went sniffing around Kendall. ORRRR now that Reese is fading out of the picture, Laura coooooould come back....

• Members

I will always say that when Laura Allen first came on - as the very crypto-dykey, hard-ridden, recovering p0rn star and runaway Laura Kirk who befriended Bianca and constantly seemed on the verge of getting romantically involved with her - she was a very earthy breath of fresh air for the show. I really enjoyed her at first. You cannot tell me Allen's Laura was not a lesbian or bi. I mean, come on. Watch that [!@#$%^&*] again. So of course when they made her a Leo/Greenlee spoiler she tanked. Her drug addict scenes were embarrassing. Her poor-me heart transplant scenes were awful. My hatred of Brooke once again flared up as Julia Barr spent weeks basically begging Leo to marry a girl she knew he did not love, then thanking him so much for doing such a stupid thing.

I still think that Laura Kirk, whoever plays her, could return today and become an earthy heroine again, perhaps alongside Lindsey Hartley's Cara. The show will need more strong heroines and antiheroines with Melissa Egan out if it's to survive, which I doubt. And Laura could both romance Bianca and provide Brooke many reasons to visit.

• Members

I thought this actress was horrible until they made her BSC. She always came across as cold and bitchy, even when she was supposed to be Bianca's friend. So when she had the chance to embrace it by scheming against Leo and Greens, I actually started to warm up to her. Of course, then she was written off.

OtoH, the actress does seem very nice in this interview and very appreciative of her time on the show. And I loves me some Nurse Zora too. Love how she used to call Greenlee Bambi.

Archived