Canadian Federal Election

Adam

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe a house where all 3 parties have at least some political power is a good thing, the NDP basically got a budget passed last spring.... without the NDP's support and certain incentives for them to be included in the Liberal budget we would have had this election early spring last year. The Liberals scare tactics into getting NDP voters to vote for the Liberals at the polls while I still think may happen this time, it won't be as great..... more NDP seats is a good thing..... my ideal outcome is a Conservative minority but all 3 parties with at least some power. NDP 25-30 seats would be amazing (but its not gonna happen) looking at the polls they are getting squeezed and could lose some. Its just time to shake things up. And I think the majority of Canadians seem to agree.

I feel as if I am the only Conservative supporter on this board, probably am, at least the only one speaking..... and many people probably wonder why a gay young man like me would want to elect the Conservatives. Well my main issue in this election is change, government accountability and integrity. My humble opinion is the Liberal goverments of the past 12 years have not given us the latter too..... it really irks me that they feel they are so indestructable they can misuse public money like that. Sure maybe Paul Martin wasn't directly involved, but he is part of the party, he was finance minister and many of his high level officials were part of the government and party back then..... its just time to give someone else a chance and clean up Ottawa.... will the Conservatives do that, who knows but the Liberals obviously haven't.

To the issue of minority rights.... taking away fundamental minority rights away from canadains would be political suicide and virtually kill any chance of them ever being elected again.... so its just a scare tactic cooked up by Liberal stategists and ran with it. I don't doubt that there are those extremists voices within the party, but no one with real power. LOL take that for what you will.... I am voting Conservative.

• Members

Most likely, neither the Conservatives or the Liberals will have a majority government. There will be another minority government (like the current one) and giving the NDP more seats will place some sort of check for the party in power. How is that a bad thing? Everyone here is scared of Harper but if we had more NDPs in the house, I find it unlikely he'd be able to get away with all the awful things everyone imagines he will do if he becomes the PM.

I live in Alberta and was listening to the radio this morning...the DJ took a very unscientific poll and asked 10 people who they were voting for..interestingly enough..5 said they were voting for Liberal, 4 NDP, and 1 Green. Very surprising considering how Alberta is considered to be part of the right-winged West. <_<

• Members

The latest opinion poll has the Liberals down again, slipping to 27%.... Conservatives remain the same at 39%.

That's like the Liberals lowest support I think in probably 20 years.... close to it anyway, it has to date back to the Mulrooney years....

Also another poll Harper now leads among who do Canadian's trust as PM more, 33-23% now...

11 days ago its gonna be a fight! And as a politic junkie I love it!

• Members

Whoever wins I hope they do a fricking good job and live up to there promises(I know I'm asking A LOT lol). Please no more scandals are any BS, and hope the Conservative don't kiss the U.S. ass ever chance they get. Still, Steven Harper as PM doesn't sound right, and like y'all said he's damn scary looking. "Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!"

• Members

Yeah it appears quite likely Harper is going to win unless they falter in a huge way..... it appears most Canadians are thirsty for change and the Liberals constant "scary Conservatives" campaign doesn't appear to be holding as much water this time.

Archived