Canadian Federal Election

Adam

• Members

I find it very disheartening that Canadians share Buzz Hargrove's view that you should vote for the Bloc in Quebec..... Never the less as always the election will be won or lost in Ontario.... looks like the Liberals have gained enough ground to stop the "dreaded" conservative majority..... but I think its too little too late to fully derail the Conservatives. Conservatives will probably get somewhere around 130 seats. Liberals in the low to mid 90's. NDP set to make great gains. Maybe 30 seats.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You think the Conservatives are going to pick up 40+ seats around Canada?

The Liberals lead all the polls in Ontario, I think they will pick up a good 90% of the seats they won last time in Ontario.

IMO the election will be decided in Quebec and British Columbia, where basically half of the seats are up for grabs in each (especially in Quebec), but really how many seats in Quebec could the Conservatives really get? 20?

• Members

The Liberals are still strong in the GTA, which is why they are basically tied with the Conservatives in Ontario. Outside of the GTA, the Conservatives will win most seats, especially in eastern and southwestern Ontario. Probably be a 50-40 split (50 going to the Grits and 40 going to the C's) and then the rest going to the NDP. Liberals will get killed outside of the GTA in Ontario and the latest polls show them tied and even the Conservatives leading. The NDP is bleeding vote away from the Liberals in Toronto as well, so that could boost the C's slight chance of winning a seat inside Fortress Toronto, highly unlikely though. The way the movement is going, it lookslike progessives are going to the NDP more than the Liberals. So strategic voting, only going the opposite way it did in 2004 which helped Paul Martin and his criminal party get undeservedly elected. Anyways :)

Well here we are the final day before the vote. No matter who you support in this very diverse election compaign, please excercise your right to vote! Every vote does in fact count so get out there mark an X beside someones name and put it in the ballot box!

• Members

Voted Conservative. I want change and want the Liberals out as Jack Layton puts it to get a tune up. Hopefully they can reunite the party, get a strong leader and get their stances in check and maybe I will consider them down the road.... depending on how well the Conservatives do. It will be a minority though. I don't forsee a majority coming. If one thing the Liberals did in this last week is they did create enough question about Harper to thawrt a majority for Harper.... I think this will be seen as a victory for the Liberal party.... Paul Martin will most likely be brushed aside and they will be having a leadership race by summer.

• Administrator

Looks like a Conservative minority gov't. I hope they can't do much with a minority gov't. I don't want Canadians to lose our civil rights and freedom, and sending troops to war zones.

And NDP's 4th? What a waste of votes. They can't even get third?

George Bush must be happy about Harper winning. ugh. Canada is going to become a puppet to the US now. :angry:

• Members

Well I am just happy that the Conservatives are not brining in numbers to what was expected and that the Liberals did better than expected.

If you combine the Liberal's seats with the NDP, they have enough seats to control government (which is exactly what is going to happen as the Bloc will NOT be working with the Conservatives now, not after what has happened in Quebec tonight).

So yes tonight is a minority win for the Conservatives, but the Liberals will STILL have a HUGE impact on what goes on in Parliament.

Archived