AMC articles, interviews, behind the scenes

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HAHAH I think Sylph only objcts when I bring up THAT book, you can prob mention its name. Great piece--the finished book doesn't have more than a paragraph on Dickens and the serialized novels of the 1800s--I wonder if more was cut out. (And interesting that of course he went on to create the short lived primetime teen drama James at 15 and then was meant to HW and co create Loving with Agnes--another thing we seem likely to never know what exactly happened with... I wonder at what point he stopped watching AMC, as I can't assume he watches it still)

Are these all from the same magazine? And what exact magazine was it--a special for AMC?

• Members

I just wanted to make sure, I know some don't want to hear it :lol:

This is all from a Daytime TV Library magazine devoted to AMC. It has interviews with behind the scenes people, actors, and a history of the show up to that time. Like I said before any particular thing you're interested in let me know.

• Members

The woman is Margo (Eileen Letcworth) post facelift. The guy in the plaid shirt is Dan Hamilton who played Hal Shea- Kitty's ex? He was (is) married to Stephanie Braxton (Tara) and father to Josh Hamilton who played Charlie.

As for the blonde woman could that be Margo's daughter Claudette?

• Members

That's Margo. The guy is Dan Hamilton, not sure who he played. The blonde is Paulette Breen - she was Claudette (who killed Eddie or whoever), wasn't she?

There are a few other behind the scenes things I will put up later.

Stephanie Braxton says she doesn't like Tara very much. I wonder if any of the actresses did. I have never understood how such a pivotal role got so lost in the woods.

• Members

Hahah I think I've only seen Margo pre facelift... Wow umm facelifts back then weren't especially subtle were they. :blink:

Well while I'm not sure why Karen Lynn Gorney's career seemed to disappear after Sat Night Fever (imdb has no credits for her for like 15 years after it), and by all accounts she's slightly, umm, nutty now, she's practicually begged to have the role again, after her mid 90s cameos (wonder if she was approached for the anniversary episode last year at all...)

Archived