Days - New Hernandez family member cast

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No.

All of the Hernandez siblings have just been made up. Rafe was an only child when he first started, then came Arianna out of nowhere, then all of a sudden they had a teenage little sister in Gabi, and now this guy. It is ridiculous.

I hope he is paired with Stephanie though, I don't want to see her continue to fight a losing battle with Melanie over Nathan.

• Members

I don't recall him ever being mentioned before. The mom has been talked about several times, though. But a brother? No

Ugh..can't believe we are getting another character that has no ties to the cast. Where was Dario during Arianna's memorial? rolleyes.gif She didn't even mention him in her videotaped will. Unless he is a brother they never knew about (which would be even more stupid. WHY are they extending this family even more?!), then it would make no sense.

Wonder if he'll be in the Chad/Gabi/Will age range, or Nathan/Stephanie/Melanie. I hope he's closer to Steph's age cause she's going to need a man when Melanie and Nathan inevitably reunite. Or, this guy could be for Abby...

• Members

They didn't really make up Arianna or Gabi. When Rafe first came on, he said nothing about his family or background so the show was fine there. I think they were fine with Gabi too because Rafe and Ari mentioned a little sister. This guy was never mentioned though. I'm thinking he will be a sibling or half sibling that no one in the family knew about. My issue with that is you need the mother to tell that story right and they've never brought her on, which is shocking since they've talked about her for so long.

• Members

When I got back into "Days" in November 2008, Rafe had already popped up. He was watching Sami during the Witness Protection/Sweeney maternity leave plotline. I remember Rafe saying he had been a hellion when he was younger and his mother left him with the nuns so they would straighten him out. This was why Sami ended up at the church during the WP storyline. Rafe's mother figure, Sister Agnes, had been there. Initially, Rafe only referred to Sister Agnes, but in March 2009 Pat Crawford Brown played her for a couple episodes. I don't remember any reference to Rafe being an only child, but I remember there were allusion to Emily Hudson before we saw her gravestone in July 2009. Sister Agnes said Rafe had been hurt in the past.

When Felisha Terrell was first cast, I was certain Arianna was going to be revealed to be Rafe's ex-girlfriend. I thought the sister angle was bizarre given the backstory with the nuns. Then Gabi showed up at Thanksgiving without any prior mention. I don't have a problem with it anymore. In one of the soap magazines, one of the writers said they are told not to mention how many children/siblings new characters have in case a writer wants to write one in. I don't mind the addition of Dario Herandez. Mark Hapka was introduced under similar circumstances. He played adult Johnny in a flashback before he played Nathan.

I don't know how anyone can say Dario has no ties to the canvas. There may not be ties that one likes, but he has a brother and a sister on the canvas, who are linked to prominent Salem residents. His brother's wife is one of the show's most featured players. It's not like he is Mr. Nobody from Nowhere. Personally, I rather have seen Nicholas Alamain return, but I'm more excited for Dario's arrival than I am Taylor's.

Archived