Facebook and Defriending

soapfan770

• Members

Nominally, with me having a Facebook account with 300+ friends I could care less about who defriends me unless I'm close to that person or something occurred in the real world, you know like realizing your ex-boyfriend and his friends have deleted you or having problems with a good friend(in my case it just added more drama). I'll admit I have had removed a couple of people from my friend list too to various offline reasons.

Anyways recently a friend added something on my profile called Unfriend Finder which actually allows you to be notified when someone defriends you and I'm now fascinated by it. Since I got this app, just about all of these "defriendings" were people actually simply deleting their profiles and not actually removing me from their friend lists. There was one where I realized I really didn't know the person. Anyways this past week though I finally got two actual real defriendings and for whatever reason I felt more offended than I did with my ex or friend. The first was some girl I didn't know besides having like 20 friends in common who just added me two months ago. The second one was also a girl who lived in the same apartment complex as me about two years ago who I really haven't spoken too since moving out. I dunno want I did or said, but for some reason out of the 800+ friends she has she felt the need to remove me. Annoyed, I decided to block her.

I dunno, perhaps people are crazy. I mean it actually takes some effort to go and remove someone from your friend list, enough that you actually care. Anyone else have tales of being defriended on Facebook?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But see, how many friends do you have? Like over 1,000? I don't have that many and I couldn't see myself defriending anyone at this point although I have taken one or two status update whores off my feed. I swear, some people talk just to hear themselves speak.

My ex-girlfriend's former co-worker who we were social with defriended me and I was so offended. :lol: He was definitely just a good acqaintance who I only knew because of her, but we got along well and his wife is still my friend so I wondered if it was one of those things where he thought I'd defriend him and he beat me to the punch. :P

Archived