Stars Who Left Daytime & Talk Smack About It

• Members

The Names That Come To Mind Are:

Robin Wright Penn: Talks Crap about Santa Barbara & Called Its Prision In SOD. Even Though The Show Let Her Out To Film, Princess Bride. In Fact On Chelsea Lately, Chelsea said that Director Rob Reiner Cast Her On PB because he was a SB Fan. RW Then Apologized That RR Watched SB at all

Darlene Vogel Who Played Melanie On OLTL Hated The Daytime Format & Was Glad To Leave

Matthew Morrison (Glee) Said He Didnt Like His Time On ATWT As Adam. Not Because Of The Acting because He Loved & Respected The Actors. Matt Didn't Like Having To Mezmorize all That Dialouge. He Said Being On ATWT Gave Him No Social Life.

George Pilgrim who originated Teen J Chamberlin On GL Said when he left in 1996 Felt he went backwards by doing soaps. However On his FB page, George seems to have come to appreicate his time in Springfield.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meg Ryan was completely nasty about ATWT when she was on Inside the Actors Studio on Bravo. Said she wasn't a "real" actress that she was on a soap.. Pretty ironic considering she doesn't get any offers now! Cannot stand her.

Robin Wright Penn is actually an amazing actress, but she always sounds like a real bitch.

• Members

I remember Ryan having to force herself to praise soaps when she was on Rosie, as Rosie loved daytime.

Brian Bloom seemed to have few fond words about his daytime stint.

Keith Hamilton Cobb had that controversial interview after he left AMC.

There are also the people who do seem to appreciate daytime but still sometimes get tired of the whole experience -- I remember Kate Mulgrew once venting about why didn't people remember her Hedda.

British comedy star James Corden, whose "comedy" mainly consists of talking about being overweight, played a small role on Hollyoaks about ten years ago, and has since trashed the show in interviews.

• Members

KM & TR Were Complaning About How GH And Daytime Is Run But They Both Want Daytime To Succeed

Yeah Nolan North Said More People Saw Him Voice TMNT Then His Entire Stint Of PC But Then He Auditioned For Steven Lars Webber On GH

Yep MM played Adam from October 24-november 27th 2006 Than Matt Cavenaugh Took Over On ATWT

I Heard That Too

Sube let her out to do the In Crowd, Temp Replaced With Sydney Penny Then when the Movie ended. Susan was upset she had to return to Sube But Funny thing is I Think She signed a new contract with Sube before it was canceled

• Members

Shemar Moore has dissed his time on Y&R in two interviews. The first time he said something along the lines of "being on Criminal minds gives me credibility as an actor and I'm no longer known as the guy from the soap opera that takes their shirt off all the time" and the second time he compared his time on Y&R to "high school where I got my diploma and graduated and now I'm in college (prime time)". Shemar seems to forget that it was taking his shirt off on Y&R every week that launched his career and he really shouldn't talk bad about his time on Y&R.

• Members

How about people who trashed it before they were on it. I always remember watching The Real World: Chicago reunion and Kyle Brandt talked about getting into acting. He said he was offered a role on Passions and made a nasty facial expression about it. I think within a year he was on DAYS.

• Members

I dont think either comment is bad or counts as talking smack. The guy is an actor and feeling typcast, only being moerable for his body and not his talent. It must have been frustrating with people more interested in him as a sex object as opposed to an actor

• Members

I don't mind Shemar's desire to move beyond just taking off his shirt, but the high school diploma thing is the one that makes me roll my eyes. If his work on Criminal Minds is college, then there are still several guys in high school making better grades than him. But whatever.

Joan didn't bash GL, she simply said that it was too much work for her. She had the utmost respect for the cast and crew, and everyone there loved having her, but the schedule was too grueling.

Honestly, I still see Matthew Morrison as little more than the idiot who cheated on Chrishell. Like...WTF. I remember her saying something along the lines of, "It's not my fault Matthew thinks monogamy is a type of tree."

• Members

I'm trying to remember the soap actor who tried to rewrite history and give the impression they'd barely been on daytime, when they'd actually been on their soap for years.

(of course the new IMDB would probably help convince people that someone was only on a soap for about a minute...)

• Members

Cam Gigandet (the first Daniel on Y&R) Men's Health interview ticked off some fans because he said it was embarrassing to be let go from Y&R. If he wasn't good enough to do a soap it would mean he couldn't do anything.

I didn't take him dissing soaps by saying that because unfortunately soaps have a reputation for bad acting outside daytime.

• Members

I remember that and i wasnt ticked

He said YR fired him cause he Green and it kicked him in the ass to become a better actor because he thought he was ready when he wasnt.

Amanda Seyfred Said The Same About When She Did a Few Days As Lucy On ATWT in 2000-01. She Said ATWT was right To Fire Her, She was not Ready

Archived