Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

That's nice they did the fundraiser and sad that Silva passed away shortly after. Yes, Espy just probably acted when he wanted and lived his life. I remember reading an interview where he said he was a loner on the Y&R set and would hole up in his dressing room. He also admitted he did not have the best working relationship with Trish Stewart and was trying to work on it. A few years later after he left the show there was another article where he was her house guest....so they must have developed a friendship along the way. 

Trish Stewart was a beautiful woman. I remember a few years ago someone posted on another forum about the Brooks sisters and when Chris was mentioned the poster described her as " Pretty in that 70's Olivia Newton John Have You Never Been Mellow way".....LOL

Wasn't Kate Jackson from Alabama as well ?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, she was from Birmingham and left for Ole Miss.  

Espy was from Dothan and left for Vanderbilt.  (I believe he started in mechanical engineering, but graduated in something like philosophy that didn't offer much "job market potential", so he shrugged and said, "Reckon I'll try acting," went to NYC for a short while to do theatre and ended up in Hollywood on Y&R.)  His brother Kip was a lawyer in West Texas.  When their mama was diagnosed with dementia about 30 years ago, Bill popped back up pretty much full-time as her caregiver.  

• Members

He's a good son to take care of his mother. It would be nice if he could have been brought back to the show. The Jill being adopted crap pretty much killed off the Foster family for good. 

Kate Jackson has kept a low profile in recent years. I always enjoyed her acting. 

• Members

While I was on a YouTube channel that posts many soap opera episodes from the 1980s and 90s, I saw an actor in the screenshot of an episode of Search For Tomorrow whose face I recognized from an episode of The Golden Girls but I didn’t remember his name, so I did some sleuthing on IMDB and deduced that his name is Brett Porter. Apparently, he subbed for Terry Lester’s Jack Abbott for a few episodes in December 1986. I remember the storyline of Paul’s centerfold photo going “viral” in an 80s way but I don’t remember anyone filling in for Terry Lester. There is an episode in the Vault but it’s in German so I can’t really get a clear idea of Porter in the role but he does look the part.

• Members

@DramatistDreamerOne our expert fellow posters will know more but I recall Porter playing Jack for more than a few episodes. Physically there was resemblance but that's as far as it went. 

Terry Lester was irreplaceable. Porter had a longer role on Search for Tomorrow.

Best pics I could find including that Golden Girls ep

The Golden Girls27th Annual International Film & TV Festival - November 2, 1984

Edited by Paul Raven