Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I am not “up” on copyright law but is it legal to sell copyrighted material that the seller technically has no intellectual property rights to? 

I am aware that there are “trade and swap” networks for classic soaps and I am also aware that people sell videos on the QT but is it actually legal?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL! Very illegal to be honest. Back in the day there was always anecdotes of some random unlucky flea market vendor getting raided by the Fed’s for illegal reselling of VHS tapes of movies & tv shows, cassette tapes & CD’s etc. 

I know a few companies have since been more lax and lenient on enforcing their copyright, but other in the instance of Disney I know the the school district I work for pays a very hefty licensing fee to legally show a Disney movie in the classroom.

• Members

At the very least it seems unethical to sell someone else’s work for profit. I would be pissed if someone filmed one of my plays and then tried to sell it. Honestly, I would rather someone post it on social media than try to sell it for their personal profit.

Sony/Y&R, P&G and all the rest could prevent this by doing what B&B is doing by uploading episodes and specials on a dedicated YouTube channel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

So do you guys think any episodes from 1978-1980 and 1983-early 1984 will ever show up besides the very few we’ve already seen? Do you think people taped it then and kept them? I think we’d have a better chance with stuff from 1983-84, but I’m just wondering what you all think. 

• Members

scenes from victor's '96 shooting have surfaced. these scenes really highlight how insecure and bitchy Nikki really was (and in someways still is). Christine handled this well. These were Cricket's good years, better actor than she was in the 80s and less miserable than she was in the 2000s.

Edited by ironlion