Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

That September 18, 1998 episode was one of the best episodes of classic Y&R i have seen! It just had everything that (use to) represented what a soap opera was about, and had an awesome cliffhanger. Strange that 1998 was already a year where other soaps were dumbing down or about to dumb down, but I guess what people said about Kay Alden taking over after Bill was true, that she was able to open up the show.

I'm gonna have to try and watch all the other 1998 episodes of Y&R that have already been uploaded. It was probably Y&R's Best year in the late 90's.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Katherine Vs. Jill

Neil & Dru remarry

Sharon against the rest of the Newmans

Brad & Ashley marriage starts to crumble

JT & Colleen

Raul & Brittany

Larry & Jill

Samurai Chemist, Bobby & Fred & Anita were introduced

Paul/Cricket/Michael/Isabella

Diane/Aunt Jack/Giggly

The only bad things were Heather leaving, losing Gina's, the stupid Mother/Daughter twist, the casting of Lily & anything to do with Kevin.

• Members

It looked like 2003 was Victor's year to finally go down for all the terrible stuff he did and for all the people he wronged. He kissed Sharon, and had to suffer getting punches from Nick, and later John Abbott, had to face meeting his father albert who was just as terrible as Victor himself, all leading up to his arrest.

I guess for whatever stupid reason in 2004, Jack Smith thought it would be best for Victor to go about his business doing all the crushing again.

• Members

So they weren't really planning on letting Victor go down?

It was probably nice to see that even Victor could fall flat on his you know what when it came to physical alliances, (Nick and John being his example) It was always made out to be that no one would ever win a physical fight against the mustache, until those 2.

Dumb question, but what did Victor do in 2004-2005?

It's so depressing that she left while she was going out with Michael. I would have loved to see Heather's Victoria go at it with Lauren.

• Members

Not in the way the story would have logically dictated.

Victor was never going to really lose but the way he won BY losing was insane.

Neither of those was a fight especially since Victor never tried to fight back.

However Victor's been in plenty of fights though it's only been since Bergman was cast that Victor became unstoppable.

Built a rec center, got Jack fired, ran Jabot into the ground, made friends with Michael, helped end Brad & Ashley's marriage, fought the mob & made up with Victoria & Nick.

Michael would've never been paired with Lauren if Heather had stayed.