Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Neil and Victoria started off as interesting as they were friends who started feeling romantically towards each other.However,I recall it was way too rushed as a few weeks passed and they were deeply in love.

what was ridiculous was that Neil had broken up with Dru because of her career and the demands it placed on them. However,he didn't have an issue with Victoria even though she was presented as a high powered businesswoman.

Also,the interracial aspect was not addressed by one single character,even in passing.It was not believable that everyone would be so accepting to not even mention it.

• Members

Great to see the Christmas '92 ep back up on Youtube! Thanks yr9190! Bittersweet moment there for young Nick and Victor.

I've found the cast/character rankings for July 1997, if anyone's interested:

July 1st-July 31st 1997-Total Episodes: 23

1. Joshua Morrow (Nicholas Newman) 21

2. Michael Damian (Danny Romalotti) 20

*. Sandra Nelson (Phyllis Summers Romalotti) 20

4. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) 19

5. Tricia Cast (Nina Webster McNeil) 15

*. Alex Donnelley (Diane Jenkins) 15

*. Scott Reeves (Ryan McNeil) 15

8. Lauralee Bell (Christine Blair) 14

*. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) 14

*. Sharon Case (Sharon Newman) 14

*. Sabryn Genet (Tricia Dennison) 14

12. Jennifer Gareis (Grace Turner) 13

*. Chase MacKenzie Bebak (Daniel Romalotti) 13

*. Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman) 13

15. Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) 12

*. Jess Walton (Jill Foster Abbott) 12

17. Shemar Moore (Malcolm Winters) 11

*. Shari Shattuck (Ashley Abbott) 11

*. Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters) 11

*. Patty Weaver (Gina Roma) 11

21. Tonya Lee Williams (Olivia Barber Williams) 10

*. J. Eddie Peck (Cole Howard) 10

*. Victoria Rowell (Drucilla Barber Williams) 10

24. Marita De Leon (Joani Garza) 9

*. Ashley Jones (Megan Dennison) 9

26. Bryant Jones (Nate Hastings) 8

*. Nick Scotti (Tony Viscardi) 8

*. Heather Tom (Victoria Newman Howard) 8

29. Candice Daly (Veronica Landers) 7

*. Nicholas Pappone (Phillip Chancellor) 7

31. Camryn Grimes (Cassie Johnson) 6

*. Heath Kizzier (Dr. Joshua Landers) 6

33. Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) 5

34. William A. Wallace (Brian Hamilton) 4

35. Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin) 3

*. Granville Van Dusen (Keith Dennison) 3

37. Jerry Douglas (John Abbott) 2

*. Zachary Elkins (Noah Newman) 2

*. Aaron Lustig (Dr. Tim Reid) 2

40. Brooke Marie Bridges (Lily Winters) 1

*. Anthony Pena (Miguel Ramirez) 1

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Thanks for posting this soapfan 770! :), very interesting to see

This was when the younger cast started to dominate the show, but it's nice that Michael Damian was still one episode below Morrow. considering 1994-1998 was Danny's worst years IMO

Very Shocking to see Nina in that many episodes, i always thought her screen time started to diminished when Adult Nick, Sharon, Malcolm, and other younger characters started to arrive.

Heather Tom was playing Victoria in July 1997? I thought they had Sarah Aldrich during those months.

Shame for Jeanne and Jerry :(, I wonder what they mostly did during that time, I think Ashley tried to hook them up right? and then they re-wrote history by saying that they actually knew each other before they supposedly met in the 80's and went skinny dipping etc... I can see why Jeanne called the show during this time "The Young and the Rest of us"

Thanks for your comments on my episode too, Id thought i get everybody in the Christmas spirit by uploading the original version of it, too bad some of the scenes are missing...

Do you have episode rankings from 1990-1995, would love to see them if you did, especially 1995. I wanna know exactly how many episodes Katherine and Lauren were on.

• Members

I will try to post what I can find, I've found some rankings for 1996, 1997, and 1998 so far.

I think the Heather Tom thing might be a mistake, this was if I recall Sarah Aldrich's last month for the show unless I'm mistaken. I really don't remember Aldrich too well at all, just another blonde on the show at the time. I do recall when Tom returned, Victoria had been off the show for a couple of months and spied on Cole and Ashley kissing her first day back. HT's exit back in Feb of '97 was Victoria needing to take a break from it all after the never-ending quad she was in finally reached its tipping point.

I don't think Nina's screen time didn't diminish until 1998, and even then she was still an integral part of the show unlike how she is treated now. I kind of wish they did actually follow through on the stories they wanted to tell for her ie. the soccer coach she dated was molesting Phillip IV/Chance, Raul being her long lost son etc.

• Members

Thanks again as usual for another synoposes and that page with Brad and Traci! Carl

It's funny how the Derek story lasted a few months. It seems like one of those stories that would only take two weeks to be resolved. Man Lauralee looks like death in that picture. I know that's the point but i cringe at the thought of her actually having real bruises after filming the rape scene.

How exactly did the Victor/Brad friendship or whatever you want to call it happen? Was it their mutual hatred of Jack?

• Members

I used to think stories about date rape were passe, but in recent years, as there seems to be more and more of a blame-the-victim mentality for any woman who is raped, I start to realize just how important they are. I do wonder if some impact was lost on Cricket, since she was drowning in PSA stories (Phillip's drinking, Jessica's AIDS, the concerts).