The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought the first half of the season was far worse. Another 7 episodes waiting for the Governor to do something, snore. Not that this second half has been much better. I think they know what they want to do and where they want to go but the dialogue is just so spotty that the characters can come across like morons.

Terribly underwhelmed by Maggie and Glenn's reunion and I LIKE them. It didn't feel as important as it should have. And they've been such assholes to everyone their with that I kind of didn't want them to get what they want, not that easily anyway (at least it's been relatively easy for the typical TWD shenanigans, they just had to walk in the same direction long enough).

I really wonder if this show intends to stay in Georgia forever. Is the comic book like that?

• Members

I couldn't care less about Maggie and Glenn being reunited. They've both been so supremely selfish about how their quests affect the people around them. Glenn sitting in that tunnel saying "If Maggie went through, I'm going through" just made me want to feed him to walkers.

• Members

I could see Maggie's selfishness in that Bob and Sasha needed her, but I have no real pity for the people with Glenn. They sat back and watched while he, sick and overheated from that riot gear, killed walkers, and Tara (who had no real idea what she was doing) had to finish the job. Then they took him when he couldn't say no. Then when he tried to leave, Abraham forcibly stopped him. He wanted to leave again and they went with him, because idiot Eugene destroyed their vehicle. After he saw Maggie's signs, yet again he told them to leave and they chose to come back.

I do feel somewhat sorry for Tara, but she chose to go with Glenn; he never expected her to do so.

• Members

The US episode was boring and slow to watch

I like that glen had some screen time in it and the reunion with maggie was okay. I think its funny that maggie doesn't care about beth because i'm the same.

Daryl's character is completely screwed since the writers bought into his hype and made him a fangirl dream.

The best thing in US was Joe / Jeff Kober.

Terminus just screams set up especially with that cheesy song. It was nice to see Denise corsby / mary

4b is just bloody disappointing.

Edited by nightstar

• Members

I like both parts of the season, but I thought the first half was much tighter, really good stuff. This show doesn't need to be more than 13 episodes per season - trying to push it close to the length of a year-round show does not work. That's why the second half, while decent, has been a lot saggier for me.

I love Glenn and Maggie - I saw no reason for either of them to kowtow to anyone, certainly not Abraham and his crusade. Why does Glenn owe them anything? He was on the road by himself looking for his wife, and I personally doubt this mulleted doctor, amusing though he is, can cure [!@#$%^&*]. But I'm pretty sure poor Maggie is dead on Sunday because of that foreshadowing bomb after their reunion with the picture.

I like Daryl, but I feel like I have watched the "Daryl must turn his back on his past self" storyline at least three or four times before, with Merle, with Beth a few weeks ago. These bandit dudes are just the latest, and they bore me, all of them.

I also have a terrible feeling Carl might buy it next week, or close, based on the preview with Rick looking shellshocked. I hope they don't go the dumb Robert Kirkman route of

Edited by Vee

• Members

I agree.

Getting them out of that prison and back in the real world is the closest they have come to the brilliance of season one.

Guess the question on everybody's mind right now is who bites the dust tonight. Literally every single cast member's name has been tossed into the fray. I think I've seen speculation it will be Beth the most but I find that so hard to believe since her story began with her trying to end her life. It wouldn't make sense. Her journey doesn't seem to have come full circle yet.

My money is on either Glenn or Maggie or Sasha or Bob.

• Members

I get the feeling that Beth will be part of a cliffhanger for next season.

I really hope Sasha doesn't die. I'm expecting Bob, one of Glenn/Maggie, and a few others I hope won't happen (Judith or Carol or one of Sasha/Tara).

I'd like to see Abraham die, but I know that likely won't happen...