The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have always been of the opinion that the person that you were before the Zombie-Apocalypse influences the person that you are after. This false idea that people have to do the worse like Shane and now Carol is contradicted by everything that this show is based on. Re-watching the series from the beginning it is clear that it is basic decency and humanity of Rick, Daryl, Hershel, Glenn, Maggie, Lori, T-Dogg, Dale, etc. that helped the group survive. Time after time, they sacrificed their own safety for each other and even for people they did not know when they could. Yes, the Walking Dead are the human beings, but their survival means that they must depend on each other. While I remain unsure that Rick should have made the decision to banish Carol, I have no doubt that once they found out the truth that the survivors would have turned their backs on her like they did with Shane. How could anyone ever trust her again?

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I think Rick would have taken Carol back to the group, if she insisted on being judged by them as a whole. They both knew that wouldn't have ended well for her. I get that impression because even when she said she wanted to take the girls with her at first, he didn't just shut her down. He told her why that was a bad idea and she basically assented.

Not sure if this EW interview with Melissa was posted.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/04/walking-dead-melissa-mcbride-carol-rick/

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

It's been a solid week and I still have not reconciled myself with what happened last week. I just don't believe Rick and Carol could not talk that out. Are they saying Carol is now an unreasonable nut? They've been together since the beginning. I still believe the writers went too far.

Edited by ChitHappens